Possible new car

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I don't want to put the 3000 miles on the car especially as Canadian roads are going to be dismally dirty and broken up this time of year. A road trip like that is best saved for july-ish!

hey i hope you get it, if you do let us know how it handles. I thought the sl600 would handle bad with all that engine hanging over the front wheels but it snapped slow corners quick, much better than my sc. The wide wheels and short wheelbase helped, yet i was still pleasantly surprised. What SL did you get?

I'm going to get it shipped via SeaRail and I should have it by the 20th. I have a Mercedes SL550 2008. I can't wait for the beemer to get out here I'm going to be down south for the week during shipping so hopefully it'll go by okay!

I also have been a long time admirer of the 850/840s. The stock wheels do not do the car justice and it looks fantastic with something that fills the wheel wells.

That said the last time I looked the interior is so flat and plain. That coupled with hard to find anything service wise and the poor reliability are not encouraging.

Definitely looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

BTW, the 08 Mercs look great. I didn't think I would like them when only the pics were out but in person absolutely. I feel towards the 08 CL65 the way you describe your 850 passion. Owning one without a warranty may make me wish I bought a boat instead but that twin turbo V12 wrapped in that coupe body is great.

My SL isn't too bad for repair, but the warranty is up in July of next year i think. Save up for the CL then, I'm about to be driving my dream! I'll post some sexy pictures of my cars modeling for the camera as soon as the 8 arrives ;)

That said the last time I looked the interior is so flat and plain. That coupled with hard to find anything service wise and the poor reliability are not encouraging.
You can call me a Luddite, but the interior of that model BMW is my favorite kind of interior. Looks like an executive transport. No BS, no frilly cutesy fonts, no garish aluminum accents, no swoopy curves, just pure commitment.
850cs_interior.jpg

Waiting for some one to chime is and say another $100,000+ car is better...
Which is often the case on forums...
These cars I assume are o/k if well serviced etc..
Trouble is most are leased or intends only to own 2 or 3 years, the owner doesn't care about the next owner...

Thermactor, what year and is the wood trim factory? Your pic and the one I just posted makes me retract my previous statement. Maybe an updated steering wheel but otherwise NO problem in fact I like.

From the website above my wheel question answered, "The wheels and tires are an upgrade and are later model 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 wheels with Michelin Pilot tires sharing the same sizes as the new M5 BMW. This is a true looks and handling upgrade, over the best wheels ever offered on any of these 8-Series. The original wheels/tires on all models of the E31 are defiantly a week point. This is a must for any E31 owner!"

Well, a car like this is more a preference thing, nobody could tell me any car is better than any other, I like this car better than my SL, and i know a lot of people would call me crazy... preference people!

I'm going to black out the windows and keep everything stock.

Attachments

• Laguna 001.jpg
    Laguna 001.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 1
It's different than an SL, this is a cruiser. And this has upgraded rims, it comes with 18's and new Toyo performance summers which is nice.