Possible ECU issue

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gloverman

Hello Guys

I recently had a customers ecu sent to me which I would like a second opinion on please. I think the ECU might be faulty but not really sure how to tell. Advice would be great

I made a video of it as adding more details here is too hard and if I put as little as possible, expect everyone to mind read and then don't understand why I don't get a good answer seems to be the way things get done these days.

For those who have no sense of humor maybe this isnt the correct thread for you.

Kelvin, it looks like it was running a bit lean. I'd suggest checking the blinker fluid for the right AFR. :)

When the die grinder came out I nearly wet myself!!!!!

Spark plugs have been changed and that didn't help. Ill look at the blinker fluid. Can I buy a bottle of it at a local parts store or do I have to use the genuine item?

Grinder? that it my big rotary screwdriver. haha.

The ECU of my old Mercedes ML has filled up with water a few times.

Dry it out, WD40 and drive on.

Electronics can be extremely rugged or drop dead because you looked at it sideways.

I enjoyed the video.

Were the Capacitors leaking?

Rod - I have a guy helping around the workshop who is a range rover , landrover fan. I had him commenting and he also said rangies run after their ecus have been flooded. I had the edit it out due to "unsuitable content" haha.

Leaking capacitors? not one bit bit it was much worse , whole ute leaked.

John , Ill remember to ask my local dealer for some genuine blinker fluid , problem is over here we call them indicators and indicator fluid doesn't have the same ring to it. Ill get the striped paint at the same time.

I made another video that was actually helpful on poor performance from 1uz VVti engines.

Todays was VVti throttle bodies so I can simply show customers a video when they say the 1uz VVti isn't drive by wire because it has a throttle cable. Any other suggestions of videos anyone would like?