PLEASE HELP!!!!for those of you not using the stock fuel pump...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

toyotasrfun

i'm putting this question out to all of you people not using the stock fuel pump
i've basically got the engine in my car (ya i'm doing a swap with a 1uz) and i'm wondering what kind of pump to use.
My car originally came with carbs.. so i'll be needing a fuel pump.
will i be able to run something externally? shoudl i look for an oem pump?
i need this to work fairly quick
also i'll need to wire it in so that the thing works only when the car is on..
i'll be using the engine harness and oem ls400 ecu
please let me know what i shoudl do
my car needs to be running by the 20th of august 2007
please help me get it there if you can

You will need more than just a pump.

Any external mount EFI pump from a large 6 or V8 would do the job.

Bosch make quite a few models.

In addition to the pump you will need a surge tank.

The surge tank should be lower than the existing fuel tank (and be fed fromm the bottom of the fuel tank) or if mounted higher it needs a low pressure electric pump to move fuel from the main tank to the surge tank. In this application you can draw fuel through the original fuel line from your tank.

From the surge tank the fuel should flow (almost) directly into the fuel pump which then pumps it to the engine.

THe fuel return usually goes to the surge tank with an overflow from the surge tank going to the fuel tank.

Google "EFI fuel system" and I'm sure you'll find a schematic of the set up.

ls400 ecu controls the circuit opening relay which inturn turns on the fuel pump only when engine is runing

or u can buy a tachometric relay to control a fuel pump relay

i fitted a nissan r33 rb25t fuel pump into my hilux tank

the factory hole in the hilux tank is small and i just managed to fit an r33 intank pump

i have no surge tank or swirl pot

i dont race the car its a work car

it has done the job for 3 years

i have run the tank to afew lts in it and still drives ok

its no perfect way to do it but i have less hose connections than running a surge etc etc

so if u can mod the tank to fit an intank pump its less hassle

For the price of an aftermarket fuel pump, around $200, why don't you just buy an EFI fuel tank from a Surf or 4Runner for around the same price or less and problem solved. Nemesis, from the 4WD Monthly forum is wrecking one and that would be cheaper than a wrecker. He's in the Blue Mountains, I think.
Ric

the only reason i was thinking about an aftermarket fuel pump was because my tank is already mounted inside my car .. came that way from toyota!.. it's REALLY old and i figure it'll work pretty well!
i had thought about a tank from something like an sc400 but it would simply be toooo much modification..and so far the entire car is nothing but a HUGE modification

what kind of flow shoudl i be looking for?
Right now the engine is stock, i'll be running the stock computer, and plan to keep just that for a while to come.. though plans do change.. i'm just looking for good reliable na power with the stock computer