pics of my supra swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Excellent pics, thanks for sharing! I am getting very close to finishing up mine now. Dropped off the high pressure PS line at the local shop to have it rebuilt and have the rubber sections installed with JIC fittings like GT400's line. Engine is being dropped in on May 3rd as long as it isn't raining!

0418081833a.jpg

My project currently still having parts taken off to get another supra drag car finished but is being given to me as a shell to put everything from this into:

0419080030.jpg

which I am also parting out as you can see into parting out section of this forum. Will soon have everything out of the SC though.

All pictures taken with my phone. LG enV 2.0 Mega Pixel camera phone I love it

yup, nothing but down pipes, glass packs and turn downs. wonderful rumble, not as loud as say a harley but still setting of alarms everywhere it goes.

How's the supercharger install going? Were you able to make it out to the show you spoke about on the phone? Any measurements for those motor mounts yet? Lots of questions ;)

My UZ is being dropped in this Saturday and squared up to start mocking up mounts and sorting the wiring. I should also have the new and improved high pressure PS line back from the shop any day now which was kind of modeled after GT400's line.

enginein.jpg

yea I got my motor sitting in place last night only thing I did is put in a 87 toyota pick up brake booster on and set it in there now I am waiting on mounts CJSupra was making them but I think my dad is going to make them we are actually going to modify the subframe to accept the newer round mounts and just use the lexus engine mount brackets. Then we start wiring.

Just buy the mounts dude.
That way you know the engine is perfectly centred, perfectly level and puts the gbox in the factory location.

So much better than fabbing your own.

CJSupra is making mounts for the pre-89's now? If so, Peewee is correct, you should just buy a pre-made set. I'm going through the process of designing pre-89 mounts right now for my '87 Supra swap and it can be a pain. However, I am happy to say that the first prototype should be ready for fitting by the end of this week.

Ahh, pre89 mounts, I forgot about that. I don't think those are ready yet.
I just put a post89 crossmember in mine and used his mounts. Even for RHD it worked a treat.

Ahh, pre89 mounts, I forgot about that. I don't think those are ready yet.
I just put a post89 crossmember in mine and used his mounts. Even for RHD it worked a treat.

Yeah, I'm wishing I had taken the BFH to the mounting points on the sub-frame in the '87 now. The interference between them and the oil pan flange was a treat to figure out how to get the engine to settle in to its spot and now it can only be lifted about one (1) inch before I have to monkey with it again to get it past those mount points. Needless to say I think this engine will be stuck in this car for a long time or until I build up another and drop it in its place.

It took me about 4 hours to get the motor into the bay (gbox attached).

I used every technique I knew (and I do have a load-leveller), and in the end I dropped the crossmember about 1-1.5" in order to get that extra clearance.

I don't plan on removing the motor...

Spring 2010 supra update

I figured It was about time I posted the spring upgrades to the supra. I have the new intake manifold finished and installed and the whipple looks sweet (to bad the pulley wont clear the hood). I will be starting off with some where between 8 and 14 PSI depending on what pulley i put on. I have bought a megasquirt 2 V3.57 with extra coil driver and map daddy and Innovative LC-1 wideband O2 to take over for the stock ecu. The 1uz managed to eat both my oem LSD and XTD clutch over last summer so I picked up a spec stage 3 clutch and am eyeballing a new KAAZ LSD. The original radiator from October of 1986 has finally started to show signs of leakage at the seems and so a new FF dynamics radiator will be taking its place.

2010-04-14+23_28_25.jpg

2010-04-14+23_29_11.jpg

2010-04-22+02_03_47.jpg

2010-04-22+02_04_33.jpg

I will be installing the megasquirt this weekend and hope to have it running on some base maps very soon. I will be sticking with the twin dissy setup for now and will be using the stock 12 tooth crank trigger and 1 of the stock cam triggers for timing. If anyone has any tips for getting a 1992 SC400 1UZ up and running on MS2 please post what you can. I have a basic understanding and my buddy who is helping with the install has done about 5 MS2 installs but this is his first 1UZ.

I also picked up a new lip and wing from shine auto and have finished my new sleepy eye projector headlight setup. I know these are not 1uz related but the look nice.

2010-04-20+00_08_55.jpg

Pics of $20 hood scoop. Car will be going in for full PRO body work later this summer so for a cheep quick fix I think its kinda bad ass looking.