Phenolic Intake Spacers

PARTS FOR SALE: Send an email to [email protected] for availability.

4000GT

Im keen if we resolve the issues... maybe a thinner sheet would help and still be somewhat effective. Maybe 10 or 8mm?

Any ideas on the impact on turbo applications in terms of leaks?

cjsupra90

I would find a different machinist if he cant set up a sine plate or angle plate and or does not have a tilting head mill but this is just my oppinion.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
The machinst is a wood machinist who does this as a sideline.

We're working on a tilted base for his machine. One problem he's in Victoria and I'm in Sydney which is only 9 hours drive away so everything has to be done remotely.

He can mill the 12mm down to whatever we want.

I was thinking of going down to 8mm for the first set and see how well it goes together.

It may take a week or two to see how it all goes.

Ig you use the correct sealant boost shouldn't be anymore of a problem than we get elsewhere with boosted engines.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
So everyone knows I passed this onto Andrew as my machinist went very quiet and I don't think he's interested.

So please feel free to work with Andrew as he has my support in running the group purchase

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK Guys,

Here's the deal.

Looks like $150.00 (I expect plus postage) for 6mm spacers.

6mm is considered quite adequate but it will require using slightly longer studs or bolts to mount the manifold.

This looks like a once only deal so please confirm if you're a starter and we'll get this rolling.

1. Zuffen

acmtt

Thanks Zuffen, and Ed,
i am a long time member here, but infrequent poster, if you are interested just add your name. Prices as quoted above plus postage. Zuffen has done all the work, i am just coordinating the process locally to my machinist.

Zuffen
Andrew ( me)
Damian W
Josh W
Nathan R
Dan M
Phil G
Well thats the aussie contingent so far.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try a water cutter.

The by-product of milling this material can cause cancer so treat it with care.

I have some that I was looking to have cut but have been too idle to do anything about it.

hungryforinfo

oh... serious, Because I can get it milled relatively cheaply... damn, might ring around some laser cutters.

I have a couple of sheets (6mm, 8mm and 12mm) So I might try a batch run if I can get it cheaper, going to be another month before I get into gear at least, but once I can organise a laser cutter in Brisbane I am ready to go.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think a laser will cause it to smolder/burn.

Water would be my choice plus it will stop the toxic dust which will make them happier.