Performance upgrade?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

b.t.2

Hey guys i Drive a '93 UZZ31 (1UZFE Soarer), been slowly modding my way around the car, have done brake upgrade, shiftkit, LSD & Soon to put new rear sway bars in

Which brings me to this thread, im new to this forum and after doing a bit of reading on the site im unsure of my previous choice of supercharging the 1UZFE (Bullet Kit M90) .

Now considered Cams, Rear-mount Turbo, or Bore it out?

Wondering what you guys would do with 3.5k in the bank? Consider it like this if you owned a stock 1UZFE and had where told you had to spend 3 grand on it or die what would you do?

THANKS IN ADVANCED GUYS :D

Last edited:
I'm looking at power options but want to keep it n/a.
Thinking hi flow heads, cams, possibly pistons. And a retune
Opinions??

Any particular reason for keeping it N/A? New cams/heads/pistons (be it stroker kit or reboring) is going to be very expensive, unless you are able to do it yourself (in that case I doubt you will be asking this question). Its much more cost efficient to just slap a root supercharger on top and call it a day.

Heavy car, revy engine!! ..
I would fit springs and cam package, good exhaust and 4.1 / 4.4 final drive.. Get some multiplication power to weight wise..Oops out of money..

Thanks for advice so far guys...Xr8tt I should have mentioned I Have TT Diff gears in the car i cant remember what final drive ratio was. but they where lower wont be touching the diff again unless its for a 2way

Any particular reason for keeping it N/A? New cams/heads/pistons (be it stroker kit or reboring) is going to be very expensive, unless you are able to do it yourself (in that case I doubt you will be asking this question). Its much more cost efficient to just slap a root supercharger on top and call it a day.

It's going into a class8 Offroad buggy and class rules makes me stay n/a.
Might just look at cams, valves and springs. Port polish and a tune.

Sorry for the hijack

It's going into a class8 Offroad buggy and class rules makes me stay n/a.
Might just look at cams, valves and springs. Port polish and a tune.

Sorry for the hijack

Might want to also look into ITB, Ive seen a 1uz-fe kit on ebay that has reasonable price. Would not put it in a street car but would do nice on an offroader.

Did find LP1...its a person not a thing haha, his manifold looks nice but he is in Canada im in Australia...Have contacted him to make some enquirers anyways

Extrude hone or whatever they call it ?? Std manifold with its long runners which keeps good torque but enhance its rpm ? Porting the lower runners as it meets the heads Maybe larger throttle body from Nissan v8 or heaps cheap enough from GM / Ford aftermarket throttle bodies around ..To keep some throttle control I wouldn't go too big !! Big goes wot too fast on smaller engine ! ESP if your after self traction control, competition .. Just an option ??

http://www.extrudehone.com/auto/auto-performance.php

Last edited:
Extrude hone or whatever they call it ?? Std manifold with its long runners which keeps good torque but enhance its rpm ? Porting the lower runners as it meets the heads Maybe larger throttle body from Nissan v8 or heaps cheap enough from GM / Ford aftermarket throttle bodies around ..To keep some throttle control I wouldn't go too big !! Big goes wot too fast on smaller engine ! ESP if your after self traction control, competition .. Just an option ??

http://www.extrudehone.com/auto/auto-performance.php

Sorry im not the most mechanically minded understood 80%

but what are the long & bottom runners?

Goggle explained the runners to me, seems like next obvious step to make it breath better, as for hogans manifolds they look awesome but im looking to keep it under the stock hood

You have had one of LP1's Manifolds???

Was just reading Armed_N'_Hammered's thread about having cracked manifold, didn't sounds to promising but if LP1 has made a few with only one dud I'm willing to give him ago perhaps

You can also order Bulletcars(New Zealand) professional M112 manifold, but its significantly higher than LP1's. For it to fit you need to run pulley that is 2.75 or smaller, meaning your components have to be able to support 10psi or more without intercooler. Oh, and it costs 3 times more than LP1's ;P.

Last edited:
I was originally looking at the bullet but for the GM M90 Kit, and i thought it came with everything needed minus the m90 for $2200, i figured this wasn't to bad for convince.

Can probably pick up the GM M90 for $600-900AUS... Would this be a rip off you reckon?

I was originally looking at the bullet but for the GM M90 Kit, and i thought it came with everything needed minus the m90 for $2200, i figured this wasn't to bad for convince.

Can probably pick up the GM M90 for $600-900AUS... Would this be a rip off you reckon?

Like many people have stated in many places, M90 is a V6 supercharger and can only deliver low boost. So if you want to upgrade later on to higher boost (and you probably want), you will need to replace both the manifold and the M90 to something bigger, so why not just go with M112 to begin with and just increase its pressure once your other components can support it?

You can also go with centrifugal supercharger and use the lextreme sc mounting bracket. But that is bit pricy setup in comparison, but definitely has more potential than M112 setup.