Parts for v8 swap in a supra

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fruitysupra

hi all, been on a couple of times now. i was looking at having thor racing do my swap for me, but now i have a run around i am tempted to do it myself, withh my mate who has done a v6 tt swap in an FTO.
one thing he mentioned to me was what i would need
i am buying the whole soarer/sc400 for the parts but it was things like engine mounts and wiring loom, and any other parts which are custom made for the swap to go through in a supra. can anyone help please. is there a kit for sale anywhere which has the bits i need to do the swap. cheers

Attachments

• DSCF0694.jpg
    DSCF0694.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF0695.jpg
    DSCF0695.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF0696.jpg
    DSCF0696.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF0697.jpg
    DSCF0697.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0698.jpg
    DSCF0698.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF0699.jpg
    DSCF0699.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 24
Which flavor of Supra are you starting with?

Obviously it's a MKIV, but do you have the GE or GTE motor, 5spd, 6spd or Auto tranny? What do you want to end up with? 5spd, 6spd or auto?

Are you planning to keep the UZ naturally aspirated or are you going to turbo or supercharge it?

No, there's not a kit of all the bits needed, but with a bit more info from your side, we can probably tell you what you need, and where to get it.

yes its for my mkiv, NA Auto, which in the long run will end up v8 tt auto, and i wont be going manual purely cos i have a condition with my leg which causes problems with manuals. the tt part of it my mates sorting out a custom set up for me, its the main bit, the swap we are in need of some help with. he was saying if there was possibly some where we can get a made up loom and engine mounts etc for it, would make life ten times easier, wasn't sure if there would be anyone on here selling such a kit.

You don't need custom engine mounts, find a motor out of an SC400 and you will have everything you need to drop the motor into the car. The harness will need some modification.

is there no one on here who sells the modded loom, and your saying the engine just mounts up in the bay the same way as the old one does then?

well iv just had a good old look through the tutorials and write ups and they all seem to be for the mk3, is there anyone who can guide me to the write ups or talk me through the mk4 swap. i really wanna do it myself, with help from a very confident mechanic of mine but there's little things im still unsure of

Hi mate, if i was you i would take a good look around the site there is so much info on here!! and not only that if and when you do need help or info you are in the right place to get it, as the guys on this site are the best, and they are all ways only to happy to help,

as for the loom there is a guy on this site! if you send him the old supra loom alon with the 1UZ loom he will make youa custom loom, im sure someone will point him out.

thats a great idea, yeah if someone could point him out. the loom is the bit i think i would find the hardest. it is only the engine loom needed isnt it?
i am in the end going tt on the v8 and getting a biggy back for the sc400 loom, think its a aem one. my mates sorting out all the turbo bit for me though so not something i will be getting my hands dirty with

Phoenix are one of our sponsors / approved vendors.

Email: [email protected]

Several members here have used them in the past with good results; their only disadvantage (from your perspective) is they're in the USA.

Another alternative would be our member Sideshow, who does similar work, but is based in Australia.

ok thats helpfull, cheers, alot more helpfull then the supra owners club, who only wanna strap bolt on bits.
im pretty confident myself with most things, as i say it is just the loom i would have problems with. im guessing once the loom has been changed and fitted to the sc400 ecu just a piggyback ecu when upgrading to twin turbos should be fine off the back of the sc400 ecu, wont mean cutting and splitting and all this headache again. also does anyone recomend an piggy back ecu to use, iv been told the aem one is pretty good. i just dont really wanna go stand alone.
i am deferenatly going to be doing a step by step write up with pics when doing the swap.
is there anything else i may come across some difficulties?
thanks for the help so far

IMO, you may be asking for more problems trying to swap both the 1UZ and the SC400 ECU into your Supra, than you'd have by going standalone.

The AEM is a PnP standalone application for the 2JZ powered Supra, and with a bit of fiddling, I think our member Mitch Pederson (ex-AEM factory engineer) has made the AEM nearly PnP for a SC400 application.

Mitch has had the AEM running several varieties of 1UZ, so far, ranging from naturally aspirated, stock motors with distributors, to blown and twin turboed motors with COP's. He's even had it running a turbocharged VVTi engine in a GS400, and operating both the VVTi cam actuators, as well as controlling the automatic transmission.

What hasn't been done AFAIK, is to make an easy conversion for the Supra harness to run the 1UZ, but that's where Doc Tweak (Phoenix) or Sideshow would come in.

Others' opinion may differ, but I'd go AEM standalone for this swap and not look back, unless there are extenuating circumstances where you "have" to have an OEM ECU like an MOT requirement, etc.

is there an adapter plate that needs making up to join the v8 engine to the mkiv supra auto gearbox or does it bolt straight up?

Have a look at HarperRacing's thread; he's mated the V8 to the Supra automatic, but it wasn't as straightforward as you'd think.

Have a look at HarperRacing's thread; he's mated the V8 to the Supra automatic, but it wasn't as straightforward as you'd think.
There's another guy on Supramania that's doing something similar, and it's definately in no way straightforward. The guy is having to get pieces from 3 different A304X Autos to make it work.