Pajero V8

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Did abit more wiring today , got the alternator working correctly , even though there's an extra wire in the Lexus compared to the Pajero . It all worked out okay just needed an extra wire from the ignition. Did another start , really impressed with how easy these motors fire up .

hiya pajman.

i have a 1997 Pajero GDI with tiptronic gearbox. my engine is a gonner and needs replacement. am considering 1uzfe.

dont have a clue what i am entering in to, but has to be done.

was wondering if you have any info on mating the (INVECS) tiptronic gearbox to a 1 uzfe?

be obliged if i am allowed to share notes and seek guidance from you?

You need to check your gearbox is the Aisin model first otherwise you will need to look for a gearbox that can be used for your conversion.

There should be a metal tag on the gearbox somewhere near the end . The other way is to take your dead engine out and compare the pump with pics of the Lexus one.

Wired in guages last night .....Oil Pressure (went to 80psi) water temp and thru in a voltmeter cause three looks better than one :) . Even though its only running on the manifolds , I'm rapt with the smooth idle. Still a few jobs to do
1. Exhaust
2. Oil Cooler
3. Drive shaft loop
4. Finish mounts
5. Auto wiring and kickdown cable
6. Tacho
7. Air intake mods (hits brake booster)
8. Fan controller (I might add one or two fans depending on the temperature0
9.Oil temp gauge (Ebay purchase so waiting for that)

paj man....congrats you are almost there....

with me... the gear box (tiptronic) is an aisin.....

now to undergo the marriage with the engine.....

do we keep the pajero torque convertor or use a lexus one?

image_zpse31f6560.jpg
Mounted my oil cooler using the original intercooler bracket , which has a fan as well , so should work quite well.
Did some more wiring , my tachometer reads full-scale foursome reason, even without motor running and ignition on , I suspect the sensor wire is not correct ,anyone got any ideas?

paj man..... brilliant progress in your case.

the wiring must be a short circuit. check the cable clip connecting the tachometer.

in my case some issues with tiptronic gear marriage/coupling. am working on the normal pajero automatic for now.

Wired in my fan controller and gauges and got the tachometer to work off the negative of an igniter and switched it to 4 cylinder . Left to do is exhaust , driveshaft loop, oil cooler plumbing ( with oil temp and fan )auto wiring as well. Then certification . I can see the finish line yay!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 25
which model you have transmission
e5e9fceddaf3.jpg

Well finally drove the Pajero today , down the drive way and back , she changed gear .......woohoo . Few issues the fuel pump is pretty loud so may look at mounting this in the tank . Worst issue is the power steering hose blew off , need to get a one piece pipe instead of two joined together! ( very unprofessional ) but it moves and drives , and I've got a garage again.