Pajero V8

PARTS FOR SALE: Limited availability on EGR Delete Kits, Torque Converters and Supercharger Brackets. Email for info: [email protected]

pajman

Have had a play today ,while I wait for my resistor I changed the wiring to reflect the resistor being in circuit .motor wouldn't start like it was starving for fuel . The pump would time out which was a good thing but I don't think it was running during start up . I tried it with the pump wired direct and she went fine, so I think the two relays that control the pump are de-energised while in start , so might try again and wire a relay that runs the pump while starting then let the ECU take over once started . It's all good fun , one thing I do like is how the ECU shuts the pump down when the engine isn't running , it just has to learn to run the pump on start I guess . Here's another vid of it running

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8o-zBb1Ol4&feature=youtu.be

pajman

The other day I swapped out the Pajero gearbox parts and put in the Lexus , the first pic shows the parts I changed , the longer input shaft of Lexus Can be seen on the left

The following pics show the pajero box with parts removed and then each Lexus bit in place

i

Last edited:

pajman

Thanks to Kobi ,I have a rear sump , I've made an adaptor plate to avoid the front diff ,dipstick still works , needed to use my slightly extended oil pick up but all good , hopefully trial the motor in position soon

pajman

Got the motor in , just a little tweaking to get her in to final position and sus out mounts . The exhaust is actually looking like its made for the job , there's a few tight areas but I'm confident that once its in the right place things wil work out.

pajman

Motor is pretty much in place now I'll work out mounts , thanks to Gloverman I can source a short oil filter that will do the job nicely . I'm very happy about the stock headers , they seem to be just right .....shouldn't bo too difficult to fabricate an exhaust system . I'm thinking of two mufflers joining into the one tail pipe I'm wanting a nice V8 sound but the sleeper look , or shall I run a twin system?

gloverman

keep it simple. Twin 2.25 from the headers into a merge with 2.5 single out to the back with a good quality chambered and packed muffler. Stock headers work fine with a stock ECU.

pajman

Here's the part numbers etc for the flex plate to torque convertor bolts , 9mm x 1.25 thread hens tenth in NZ ..........$5 each to . They sell them as 5 gold ones ( not real gold !) and a black purely for identifying bolting up so you don't over tighten I'm thinking

Last edited:

pajman

Ah I see I bolted it up laying underneath the car , I presume it all lined up ok . You wouldn't happen to know the torque setting of them

Sudsy

One query I do have is ,as my old motor was diesel there is no fuel pump in the tank.I was thinking of getting an external one to mount in the engine bay , or near the fuel tank.what psi do I need and what do you guys reckon on where to fit. I don't want to mess around putting one in the tank
I dont know anything about these cars but why not use a tank out of the petrol version. Do they have an intank pump?????

pajman

Project went quiet for awhile , but today I've fashioned some engine mounts using the Pajero ones and some 80mm square tube all bolted together I'll get them welded later on .

I'm hoping to do some wiring soon and have it running real soon