Opinions on Twin Holset WH1C's

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

RedPhoenix

Ive always been a big fan of the Holsets, so its natural that I want one (or two) Holsets strapped to my engine.

I am looking at the Holset WH1C which is close to a HX35, but Vbanded.

DSC09709.JPG

They look on the smaller side, which should be easier to fit in the engine bay with my larger radiator and stuff in the way.

WH1C 12cm hot side ~= to A/R .63 Good for fast spooling 4 or 6 cyl. up to and over 500hp. It has a 4" inlet with anti-surge feature, outlet is 2" "V Band". On the exhaust side it has a divided T-3 inlet and a 2 1/2" "V Band" outlet. 56.0 mm Inducer "Small side" and 83.0 mm "Large side" diam. on the Compressor Wheel
59.9 mm Exducer "Small side" and 69.6 mm "Large side" diam. Turbine Wheel.

Ive read that this is basically the HX35 with a Vband, correct?

This was debated on 5.0 Mustang though small they worked ..
Would work better on a 4.0 engine..
The have been bought out by Borg Warner..

This was debated on 5.0 Mustang though small they worked ..
Would work better on a 4.0 engine..
The have been bought out by Borg Warner..

Think it would be too small with a 2uz block/pistons with a 1uzfe crank? About 4.5L if I remember.

The WH1E are slightly larger with a T4 flange instead, but are harder to find.

I think the A/R's on those would suffice for your build, I say go for it I see great results with using those.:drive: I have heard pretty good things about holset, master power is a good brand too and relatively cheap. A friend of mine runs the master power and has had good luck with it. I have a turbonetics laying in my garage but the t3/t4 just won't suffice for me so i'm going to have to go bigger.:biggrin: