Oil Pressure Switch Thread Specs.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Tonyd

Guys,

Can anyone tell me the thread sizes on the Oil pressure switch that screws into the block as I'm looking for an adapter that will screw into the block that will accept both the original oil pressure switch and a new sender for an oil pressure gauge that uses a 1/8 x27 NPT thread.

The only thing I know is that the two threads are not the same.

For my second engine I'm also looking for a three way adaptor that will do the same as the first re the aftermarket oil pressure gauge but that also has a third outlet to supply an oil feed for a turbo system.

Any steers as to a supplier in UK or Europe for the above would be useful.

None of my normal local suppliers can help me with this stuff.

Cheers,

Tony

The oil pressure switch thread is British and I dont remember the size but its very close to 1/8 npt. http://www.lextreme.com/oil.html Use sealant instead of tape.

Hi,

Its close to 1/8NPT but the threads aren't as tapered ( if at all) as they are on the aftermarket sender unit which is definitely 1/8 NPT.

I'm worried about screwing a tapered thread into the oil housing on the engine as any adaptor over here has a tapered thread.

Thanks for the link to the oil supply adaptor. Looks like I will probably have to go the same route. Unless, thinking out loud here, I make a billet adapter as all I'd need is a 1/8NPT tap, a small block of aluminium and hopefully a male to male 1/8NPT adapter to attach the adapter block to the engine.

Cheers,

Tony

IF it's not tapered then it's probably 1/8BSP thread, they are close but not 100%, I wouldn't recommend screwing te one into the other, I'll check tonight for you if you don't come right.

The thread is " 1/8"BSP 28tpi "
all toyota engines have this thread for their oilpresure sensors/switches

what the japanese where thinking when adopting a Brittisch Standard Pipe thread, I haven't got a clue.

do NOT try to stuff the NPT in the BSP hole, you will ruin the thread and it won't seal. I have seen numourus 4age's being molested in that way. some to the point that a new block was in order, casting is to thin in those to screw up there. 1uz is better that way but still....

Mocal in the UK carry nice adaptors to fit the 27tpi NPT sensors in a 28tpi BSP threaded hole.
I have a few of them lying around for my own project, and have them in my 20v also.

even if the sender says that you must not use sealant, I always put a very small amount on the threads, and never had problems. I did it once without and it leaked a little.

go to www.thinkauto.co.uk and look for item# MFS10-3-3

should say this: 1/8BSP x 1/8NPTF USA made gauges- steel
grtz Thomas

Update,

Just spoke with Mocal who have put two fittings for my two Lexus Cobras in the post for delivery tomorrow £16 all in.

When I fit the turbo's I'll only need another £4 T-piece and its all sorted.

Again thanks for the info.

Cheers,

Tony

Oh one thing I just remebered when I was having a beer in the garage last night...

On the 20v I have soldered an extra earth wire to the presure sender casing, because the dakota digital gauges in the dash are very critical on earthing, and sometimes where showing strange results on the dataloger.

the reason for this was according to dakota, the sealant applied on the threads.

glad to be able to help out David and Tony.

Grtz thomas

Oh one thing I just remebered when I was having a beer in the garage last night...

On the 20v I have soldered an extra earth wire to the presure sender casing, because the dakota digital gauges in the dash are very critical on earthing, and sometimes where showing strange results on the dataloger.

the reason for this was according to dakota, the sealant applied on the threads.

glad to be able to help out David and Tony.

Grtz thomas

Hi Thomas,

You are a man after my own heart having a beer in the garage. I hope it was a Grolsch and not a Trappiste otherwise I'd check what work you did on the engine last night........... is that manifold supposed to be upside down?...........Those monks know how to make a brew!!

I had a close look at the original oil sender this morning and the original thread sealant is only applied at the top of the threads to maintain the conductivity of the threads until the sender is almost fully home and only then does the sealant enter the threads and do its work. I will copy this technique when I reassemble my switch and oil pressure sender later today.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Tony.

Ha Tony finaly a bloke that knows his brew!

Grolsch or Jupiler and nothing else.

PS If you'd fancy mounting a manifold upside down once with grolsch, try and get the grolsch special brew "Het Kanon" (translation) "the canon"
it'd probably be inside out and mirror image at the same time.:smashfreakB:

good luck fitting the senders!

grtz Thomas