The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
That's a good point about boosting. I've read you could probably do about 6psi since, as Zuffen mentioned, the 3uz rods are smaller than the 1uz rods. 6psi would still be a very significant performance increase compared to all our naturally aspirated options.

How about 3UZ-FE 5A/T tune? There are no JTAG contacts on the ECU 89661-50590, unlike the newer ECUs for 3UZ-FE 6A/T. I believe it can be flashed using OBD2 connection. But here might be a problems with reading stock firmware and with restoring ECU if something goes wrong while flashing.

TTFS has been really hard to get ahold of... I'm emailing RR-Racing again to see if they offer remote tuning on a dyno.

I really want a dyno tune if I can find a way to make that happen.

I can remap any 3UZ ECU
Details: all4swap.ru/service/remap

Hello George!

Do you have anymore info on your remapping services?

On your site I see that you claim a 10% increase in HP and TQ which I'm assuming that's a fully stock drivetrain with stock intake and exhaust. That's a healthy increase, but something that makes that power increase even more noticeable is the fact that you tighten up the shifts and adjust shift points, something I have really been concerned with.

I have three questions for you...

1) Does the tuning include adjusting of the VVT on these 3UZ motors or is it just A/F and timing tweaks?
2) Is or will remote flash tuning be available since I plan on doing an intake and custom full exhaust at some point?
3) What kind of pricing are we looking at? I am in the US.

If you like, we can definitely discuss pricing and such in private message.

Many thanks in advance! I hope to hear from you soon.

I just got off the phone with Simon at RR-Racing, now he says they can't do anything with a SC430.

I emailed OVtune to see if they offer anything.

I'm still chasing Frank at TTFS, apparently he was sick recently and now he's trying to catchup.

If I just bought one of those dimsport devices, could I just take that to a local dyno tuner? I'm not really sure how this all works.

Hi! you may contact me through the website
1 afr does almost nothing to the power, but it can be tweaked for better mpg. afr also includes fail-safe modes such as extra enrichment per EGT, optimal cat.converter temp, etc etc (cats are supposed to be off)

vvti and ignition can be adjusted for less egr, worse emissions but better torque

torque model can be eliminated so you won't have "smooth" acceleration as originally targeted
2 no
3 if it's a swap, immobilizer plus remap is 270 usd+shipping. If it's a complete LS/GS, just the remap is 150 usd+shipping
4 the remap also includes some a/t tweaks

Hi! you may contact me through the website
1 afr does almost nothing to the power, but it can be tweaked for better mpg. afr also includes fail-safe modes such as extra enrichment per EGT, optimal cat.converter temp, etc etc (cats are supposed to be off)

vvti and ignition can be adjusted for less egr, worse emissions but better torque

torque model can be eliminated so you won't have "smooth" acceleration as originally targeted
2 no
3 if it's a swap, immobilizer plus remap is 270 usd+shipping. If it's a complete LS/GS, just the remap is 150 usd+shipping
4 the remap also includes some a/t tweaks

Sorry for the delay, but I just sent you an email via your website. Hope to hear from you soon! Thanks again!

Well, I did it. I just ordered a remapped ECU from George_R (a.k.a. - all4swap.ru).

I've been awake for over 24 hours now, and stayed awake so I could email George and get quick responses while he's up, since Moscow is 7 hours ahead of me here in Florida.

We went through all of the details and whatnot, and the ECU will be shipped out in a couple of days. Looking forward to this ECU swap. I'll definitely post up a full review after I have everything up and running on the "new" ECU.

Brand new member. First post. This topic is relevant to my needs.

George: Is it possible to tune around a setup that I am VERY MUCH considering?

2001 GS430 engine, transmission and ECU swapped into a 1958 Panhard Dyna Z with a Miata suspension.

3UZ is stock internally with 80lb (840cc Siemens) injectors, two 190lph pumps in factory Miata tank on custom pickup/surge tank running E85, T45 78 trim Wuhan War Whistle set at 10psi, 3" intake piping, no charge cooler, 4" exhaust exiting out the passenger front wheel well.

This may sound ridiculous but it is a purpose built car for a magazine sponsored event that has a MAX BUDGET of $2000. The competition involves an autocross, drag race and car show and is in Florida in October.

It is my belief that with a moderate tune, rising rate fuel regulator, a good boost control plan, E85 and the 2000lbs this car will weigh I could have a vehicle that contends.

i will eMail you as well now that everyone's looking at their screen in disbelief!

ChopsLS430, please post a review when you receive it.

TTFS is a waste of time... I have so many calls/emails to them and Frank is completely unreachable.

Question for George... Are you able to make all those transmission changes in the ECT PWR mode and leave the regular driving mode smooth?

Also, your ECUs work on the SC430 correct?

Funny enough, 2 hours later Frank called me back and explained his situation... I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt because he has a good reputation and he was very sincere on the phone. He's going to be in my neck of the woods in May and he's going to tune it in person then. I'll report back then.

ChopsLS430, please post a review when you receive it.

TTFS is a waste of time... I have so many calls/emails to them and Frank is completely unreachable.

Question for George... Are you able to make all those transmission changes in the ECT PWR mode and leave the regular driving mode smooth?

Also, your ECUs work on the SC430 correct?

Joe,

I will most definitely post results.

In one of my many emails with George, at one point he said some of his other options include "throttle to pedal calibration in normal/ect pwr/ect snow modes"... As an option. So I'm thinking that possibly all of the tuning and tweaking may be done in the "Power" mode only.

I never asked about this myself since I don't have to worry about snow here in Florida and I always keep my LS430 in Power mode.

Chopsls430, definitely let us know when you’re up and running! I live in the tampa area and have been very interested in getting my car tuned

So at 2 in the morning, I decided to go out to the garage and install the new ECU. I jumped the OBD2 to let the ECU "learn" my keys for 30 minutes. Afterwards, pulled the jumper and gave it a go, and... It cranked right up! My girlfriend hopped in for a nice little night drive around the baron roads here in town.

First off, in the remapped "Normal" mode, improved throttle response and power is definitely noticeable. It feels very much like the stock "Power" mode, only a little fresher and a little meaner. You can certainly feel that there's a little more oomph and life present over the stock "Power" mode, and definitely considerably more than the stock "Normal" mode.

Speaking of the "Power" mode, that's the one where all the magic happens. Greatly improved throttle response, so much so that sometimes it's a bit touchy. If you're not careful, when you leave off from a light, you're liable to snap your neck. LOL Also, under moderate throttle input, once the car shifts into 2nd, it feels like the throttle is increased more, like stabbing the throttle again. A bit on the aggressive side. Odd, but doable.

Extra power?... Well it could be more of the effects of the increased throttle response, but it does in fact feel quicker in 1st through 3rd gear. Once you get past 80 mph, it really doesn't feel much different from stock. Maybe there's a little extra oomph there, but it's hard to tell via butt dyno. There's definitely seems to be more torque, especially in the sub-60 mph range, which is nice and is perfect for city driving.

Lastly, in "Power" mode, up-shifts are improved. Not only are they quicker, you can also feel them. Down-shifts are also quicker and sharper. Not drastically so, but again, noticeable.

All in all, for the little bit of money spent, it's a good upgrade and I would do it again. I would say it's worth the money... Short of doing a full stand-alone computer.

And just because, a few pics...

p3871296081-5.jpg

Christmas tree of lights while doing the 30 minute immobilizer relearn...
p3871296140-5.jpg

p3871296042-5.jpg