Obd2

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Fastegg, I have made a couple of assumptions and I hope you dont take this the wrong way, but I think you need to study the whole EFI structure, including the ignition mapping side of both factory and aftermarket setups.
For example, the ignition timing advance in an ECU controlled vehicle are more than just advance vs rpm where traditionally the timing advance would start at a set figure, say 12 degrees at idle and slowly ramp up to a predetermined max of say 36 degrees (typical chev) by around 3000rpm and then sit at that until full revs.
In EFI that timing can do that, plus more, eg. have an idle timing of 12, ramp up to 30 + before peak torque(3000), reduce down to 27 at peak torque(4500) and then ramp up to 36 at peak hp(6000+), then throw in a load sensor (MAP, MAF or just TPS) to tell the ECU that it isn't at full throttle (high vacuum), in which the timing advance can go to 40+ at cruise (1500-2500) where normally it would be around 20ish. So it's a 3d map. Then there's the corrections like coolant temp and air temp corrections, which turn the spark map 4,5or 6 dimensions.
Same for the fueling side.
If I were you, I would get your OBD going and study what is going on in the factory ecu and watch how things change in different conditions and go from there.
Also go and download some of the free software for the aftermarket ECUs and flick through all the different maps and get an idea of how everything comes together to supply that certain spark advance figure or injector pulse width.

Mr tnt76

Yeah i understand what your saying... Ive been looking at heaps of scan tools on ebay and the two that are in the pictures definatly read Lexus OBD2. (lots of them don't) I'm quite excited about getting one and checking out all the data... woo-hoo :)
I also read that you run one ignition map for power and a different map for economy (unsure if this is true) however ultimatly i know i'll need either a piggy pack or new stand alone ECU
My ultimate goal is to get the most possible power, with the least amount of fuel used. Next year i will almost definatly have liquid LPG fitted, its about $4,500 before the $1,500 government rebate
My last car was a 1990 Cressida Grande and was on LPG its whole life no problems, so i'm a big fan of LPG.... The panel shop assures me my Lex will be fixed and ready by xmas so a scan tool will be the first purchase on the list..... good xmas pressy for myself... :)

Attachments

• OTC3111  $365.jpg
    OTC3111 $365.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 11
  • OTC 3498 $255.jpg
    OTC 3498 $255.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 11
bushwhacker

There was a mob on ebay selling those the 3140, 3150 and 3160. I messaged them asking if it would work on Australian delivered cars
(protocols SAE J1987 & SAE J2021) and they said their units would only work on cars that complied with U.S. emission stuff.

There was a mob on ebay selling those the 3140, 3150 and 3160. I messaged them asking if it would work on Australian delivered cars
(protocols SAE J1987 & SAE J2021) and they said their units would only work on cars that complied with U.S. emission stuff.

It works on UK spec and JDM Lexus'.

Aquus 3140

Yeah it seems the Aquus 3140 is all good for my '98 LS400....
My partner has a 2002 Peugoet 307.... Ive just sent some emails to guys selling them if the Peugoet is compatable also.....

Attachments

• Equus 3140.jpg
    Equus 3140.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 9
bushwhacker

I found this one too, an Autel MaxiDiag FR704... does almost everything including all Toyota, Lexus and most european including the '02 Peugeot 307.... coool... so i can fiddle with my partners car too... $250 and local post... The bloke reckons it should do all the parameters in list... all live and real time..... Ive never seen one of these let alone used one so i'm ich'in to get one... or maybe the Aquus 3140...

Hey bushwhacker, with the Aquus, can you read 02 readings on all 02 sensors ?
I can't wait.... to start fiddling ! :)

Attachments

• OBD2 parameters_features.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Autel MaxiDiag FR704.jpg
    Autel MaxiDiag FR704.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 7