OBD2 1uz into my manual supra help!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

taka21

hey everyone im trying to find some info on the obd2 1uz
i already have the motor the wiring harness and the ecu
im mating it to a w58 and dropping it in my 87 supra
i was told that i have to run all 4 o2 sensors for it to get propper gas mileage
im trying to see if there is a way not to have to do that. and im also trying to figure out what else i can remove from the engine and harness

thanks in advance

Is there any reason that you are staying OBD2? Early harness and computer swapped on, or a stand alone ecu and custom bits would help simplify the install and help unlock the engine.

the reason im staying obd2 is just cost, and i already have all the pieces,
i got a great deal on everything
i figured it would be simpler to pull everything from the same car (which i did) and drop it in the supra
i have a matching motor wiring harness and ecu
i was under the impression that this would be the simplest way to go

My friend just removed his from the pipe and hung then up next to it. For whatever reason he doesn't throw codes, and it gets great gas mileage with the manual. You can probably just make a O2 delete if you don't have to worry about being smog compliant.

My friend just removed his from the pipe and hung then up next to it. For whatever reason he doesn't throw codes, and it gets great gas mileage with the manual. You can probably just make a O2 delete if you don't have to worry about being smog compliant.

Did he make a bracket to hang them on and just put a bolt in the holes??

When I did my swap I used a SC400 engine ECU/wiring from a late 95/96 car. The only thing I changed was the hydro pump, I picked up a fan assembly from a LS400, originnaly planned to use the mechanical fan but when the fan pushed air the wrong direction and also didnt clear the upper radiator hose I ditched the clutch. Other than that the only thing I modified was the oil pressure switch, needed to put a different connector on the end and swap the sensors to use the 7M oil pressure switch so the dash would work.

Good luck.

In the engine bay, near where the battery should be check the 3 pin connector EB2 the connector is Black in color. Make sure the Orange-Black is getting 12volts when the ECU/EFI main relay turns on. Also check the dash connections, on the 14 pin connector IJ1 the connector is Gray in color, on my harness there were like three or four Black-Orange in color wires that I did not find on my 1994 wiring diagrams. When I put 12volts to them the engine started.

Also, sorry I did not get any pics of my harness, they are loomed up so it wouldn't help any for connections.

Hope this helps good luck!

ok car is up and running and not overheating
im wondering where to plug up the secondary O2 sensors at
if im not mistaken they run to a body harness but since i dont have that now, where do i wire them in at?

If you dont want to make a new harness to wire them in you can make some simulators and keep everything in the dash. I can provide pinouts for the secondary o2 sensors but my book is for the 94 engine, but I dont think that had changed.

can i get those pinouts cause at the moment im plugging the bungs in my y pipe with the o2 sensors
ill make the simulators as soon as i get a chance
i just need to get rolling

You have a PM, but here is the info for the Sub o2 sensors:

My book tells me that each Sub o2 Sensor has four (4) wires but for the simulators you will need this information:

"Signal Wire"

Left Bank Sub o2 Sensor HTL2 = Connector IK2 (24 Pin White in color) Pin 22 (Brown-White in color)

Right Bank Sub o2 Sensor HTR2 = Connector IK1 ( 23 Pin Orange in color) Pin 8 (Red in color)

"Power Wire"

Since you do not have the SC400 body harness you will need to gather power from a different connector, in this case its convenient, as power is readily available:

Connector IJ1 (14 Pin Gray in color) Pin 12 (Black-Red in color)

This wire actually sends power through the body harness on the SC400 to the Sub o2 Sensors, so its almost like its doing its correct job.

Hope this helps.

i finally got around to doing this and it works great
its not running any where near as rich as id did before
now im just tracing down other issues one at a time

current issue is that my tachometer jumps up to 2.5k rpm then back down to 1 very systematically. even though the engine remains at the same speed(unchanging)
im looking into my wiring to see if i tied something in that i shouldnt have or mis wired something.
any ideas would be greatly appreciated