NZ 1990 Surf - 1uz conversion.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Nuttaas

Recently picked up a project cheap as. 1990 LN131 surf and a LS400 1uz(I think). Project is pretty much wrapping up now. But as you would expect, Im starting to run it to problems.

The main one being the clutch. Its using the original manuel trans with a bell housing off trademe (I think, Fork exits on the RH side). Has a flywheel from a 3SGTE, holes welded then redrilled, with a spacer behind it. With a brand new HD clutch to suit. It seems that the slave doesn't have enough travel. This is using a brand new master and slave cylinder.

Anyone else done this conversion and know something I don't?

Have managed to wire up the engine and got it started. All that lest to do really is put in a 2inch suspension lift, already has 2inch body lift. Then chuck on some 33's and take it out Woodhill for a hammering.

Cheers in advance for any advice.

pretty common issue. I sell a master cylinder which solves that issue most of the time. They will be listed on trade me next week when I'm officially back at work.

Thats what I was thinking, either a larger master bore or a smaller slave bore. Have ordered a 80 series landcruiser master, which has a 3/4' bore compared to the standard 5/8' bore.

Should bolt straight up, maybe grind out out the firewall a little.

Is that what yours is Gloverman?

Cheers.

I have my own unit that I have designed. Bolts straight in without firewall mods and has a pushrod which is more adjustable so suits more models and allows more adjustment. Our supplier makes up blanks as such and we machine them from there.