noob question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

SHOLUCK

I am getting a 1988 supra body soon so I can start a 1uz swap. I understand everything about the swap pretty fine, exept one thing. Will the factory tach, fuel,oil,amp,and temp guages still work. What do I need to do to get them to work if not. Thanks in advanced lol and please don't flame me for this. And yes I did search.

you use the 7m oil sender, a tach out of a 4th gen celica, and the temp guage is the reicky part.
welcome to the world of 1uz supras. it's gonna be fun!

Temp gauge will work fine with the 1UZ sensor

Tacho will work if its a 7MGE dash. If its a 7MGTE dash you'll need a "tacho booster". It will also read 50% out so you'll 4cyl to 6cyl converter.

Oil pressure gauge will be fine, except as stated you'll need to reuse the 7M's sensor.

temp guage will not work. and none of the tachs will read properly without either switching it out or using a dakota digital tach converter. and the dakota unit can be programmed for any ratio needed which you would be going from 6 to 4.

that unit is a speedo correction unit not a rpm conversion unit. The input frequency will be too high. Also I dunno about in the land down under, but I've done 3 supras and 4 cressidas, and none of the temp sensors work except in the cressida where we did the guage cluster swap.

So far every conversion I've done (similar number to yours) the temp gauge has worked fine.
Toyota used the same sensor from the early 80's to the mid 90's on pretty much every engine (except for the ones that use CAN-BUS to talk to the dash, but they are only circa 1998 onwards).
I'd be very surprised if the USDM market was different to both the JDM and Aussie market. It doesn't make financial sense for Toyota to do it differently.

I'll double check with a friend who used a convertor in his UZA70.
I'm fairly sure he used the one above, but I'll check and let you know.

I'm honestly suprised the speedo unit worked for the tach, nice unit.
temp sensor also worked on the 90 yota truck. But for whatever dumb reason I've never gotten it to work on the a70's.

speaking of can bus, I love that stuff. Sooooo many possibilities.

I wish I understood can-bus better.
I want to do a conversion on a circa 2005 toyota with a 2010 motor.
But I know I'll spend months just getting everything to run right!

i know this is an over simplified explanation, but can-bus is like usb for cars.
you can even install hand controlls for disabled people thru a can bus network.

Ok so what I need is to build a booster for the tach, and buy that unit for the tach to work. Now as foir the water temp, what wires is it that need to be hooked up. Can you direct me to a wireing scematic for that. And if I get a non turbo guage cluster the tach will work fine? Or will I still need to build the booster and buy that unit?

The non-turbo tacho will not need the booster, but you'll still need some form of converter to change it from 4cyl to 6cyl.
There are many types on the market, that one I've linked to is just an example.

For the conversions I've done, I've just had to connect the single wire temp sensor (usually yellow-green) to the dash wire (also usually yellow-green), and its worked.

One thing I remember on the MA70 is that there is a brown wire from memory that is part of the dash loom, but is either earthed to the block or to the ecu. You need to reconnect that wire. On the digital dash MA70's the whole dash goes blank without reconnecting this. But not sure what will happen on the analogue dash models.

The non-turbo tacho will not need the booster, but you'll still need some form of converter to change it from 4cyl to 6cyl.
There are many types on the market, that one I've linked to is just an example.

For the conversions I've done, I've just had to connect the single wire temp sensor (usually yellow-green) to the dash wire (also usually yellow-green), and its worked.

One thing I remember on the MA70 is that there is a brown wire from memory that is part of the dash loom, but is either earthed to the block or to the ecu. You need to reconnect that wire. On the digital dash MA70's the whole dash goes blank without reconnecting this. But not sure what will happen on the analogue dash models.

Just stopping in to validate Peewee's water temp sender wiring. The MA70 works just fine with the stock temp sender from the 1UZ. The 1UZ temp sender's resistance is only a little off at the high end which is nothing that would really appear in the gauge movement all that much. Wiring is straight forward, yellow-green connection and earth the brown wire to the block. Once I figured this out I went from having the temp gauge go from zero to red hot at the first sign of the engine heating up to working normally. You can do a search on my thread since I think I documented the 1UZ and 7M senders there as well as the wiring issue. You can also check out my site, http://1uzsupra.com for some wiring information between the pre-89 MA70 wiring and 1UZ wiring. All of my dash gauges, including the CEL light (which should be the first thing wired since it is so helpful in troubleshooting) work.