Noob and my MX5

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

feef

Evening all (well, it's evening here anyway)

New member to the forums, and as I'm sure I'll be posting a few queries in the FIAT and standalone areas, I thought I might as well share what I'm up to

I have a 2002 Mazda MX5/Miata, which is the Mk2 (facelift) 1800 Sport with VVT, 6speed box and Torsen LSD

For the last few years, I've been running it supercharged at 225bhp but a few weeks ago, the engine has let go and so rather than just fix it or swap out like-for-like, I've acquired a 1UZFE which I'm going to drop in instead

I have the engine on the stand in the workshop already, and a W58 gearbox en-route

Other than that, it's still early days in the project, and I'm waiting for a window in the weather to get the old engine and gearbox out. It's all ready, even have the chains bolted onto the lifting points, it's just that the car is outside. I have enough room in the workshop to work on parts, but not enough room to fit the car in.

One of the things I'm considering is whether to keep the stock ECU, or use the Emererald K6 standalone ECU that is currently in the car. There's pros and cons to both options really.

Anyway, I'll try and keep this thread updated, but I'll also be posting updates on my blog: http://kickingtyres.co.uk