No Sub O2 sensors

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Alan Whitaker

Hi All.
If you don't run cats do you have to still put the sub o2 sensors in or just leave them out . do you have to add any thing to the wires that go into the ecu with no sub sensors or just leave the wires taped up

Many Thanks

Alan

I have been driving my SC with headers and no cats for about 6 months now. just a check engine light but it runs great. I leave my post snesors on the floor under my seats. I have no interior so i just let them lay there. If you dont want the dash light, you can invest in some o2 simulators for cheap and then the ecu will think the cats are still working. the post sensors sole purpose is to ensure the cats are functioning properly.

Hi
I have the engine in another car, I don't have the dash from a ls400 but just wanted to know if I have to keep the subs, I have no engine check light , I got a engine ,ecu and gearbox, I have no manifolds but are half way fabing some.
Just not sure if the ecu had to have an imput from them, I could just add 2 more sensors in the exhaust.
Thanks

Alan

No you should be fine without them. Many people run w/o post sensors. Posts o2's are there just to make sure the cats are not failing and since your swapping, dash lights wont be an issue.

so have question on the rear o2 ... i am running cats but the rear o2 are not connected .. i get no check engine light at all ,everything else is fine .. check engine light is working i can get it to turn on if i disconnect something else.

others that are not running cats or rear o2 are getting the check engine light ..

just curious why this would be ..

engine and ecu are from a 1992 ls 400

Thanks All.

I have twin turbos with the first 2 sensors before the turbos I might just weld in 2

Thanks for the replys

Alanthread inserts and put the subs after the turbos.