NEW T56 to 1UZ System

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Blown SC

Hi all,
I finally have it all completed for the 1UZ.( 1J and 2JZ are just around the corner )

NEW 9 inch Twin Plate Clutch System ( There is no other like this )

This will include what is shown in the picture ( Plus some other parts that are not shown )

You DO NOT get the front driveshaft, you will get the weld on part for the uni joint.

You will have the choice of WHITE or BLACK shifter knob.
Round piece of alloy in the pic is the gear stick I will make up. ( Latter I will have length options for you )

Included is a short shift assembly.

Organic plate is not available just yet.

Twin Cerametalic discs.

Hard Anodized clutch legs.

ALL parts are HI GRADE, there has been NO shortcuts.

Ball park price is about $3,500 + GST + Shipping.

Attachments

• 1UZ - T56 Clutch 024 (Medium).jpg
    1UZ - T56 Clutch 024 (Medium).jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 1UZ - T56 Clutch 019 (Medium).jpg
    1UZ - T56 Clutch 019 (Medium).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 1UZ - T56 Clutch 020 (Medium).jpg
    1UZ - T56 Clutch 020 (Medium).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 1UZ - T56 Clutch 015 (Medium).jpg
    1UZ - T56 Clutch 015 (Medium).jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 1UZ - T56 Clutch 002 (Medium).jpg
    1UZ - T56 Clutch 002 (Medium).jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 1UZ - T56 Clutch 003 (Medium).jpg
    1UZ - T56 Clutch 003 (Medium).jpg
    88 KB · Views: 73
It's all running GREAT :)

Damiens Twin Turbo Soarer and my Twin Screw Supercharged Soarer.

I agree with Damo, I really like it.

Clutch is not very heavy, can easily take off / drive up car trailer ramps, there is no * chattering * from the start.
I still break traction real easy still. ( 3.2 diff )

T56 Adaption Cost List

List inventory is, ( All prices plus shipping )

Flywheel / Cover Plate / Discs $2,530 AUD
( Current V8 Price, 6 Cyl TBA )
This is with Twin 5 PUK Ceramatalic Discs.

Adapter $550 AUD

Uni / Yolk / Weld on End $352 AUD

Gear stick relocate / Short Shifter with ball no Shifter $350 AUD

Wires for Reverse and Speedo $55 AUD

Gearstick to be advised or can make your own.

I can endorse that this is a very driveable setup, i couldn't believe how light the clutch was. Ran well at the track too behind a TTUZ pumping out bulk torque (not mine). Well worth the money as a full conversion kit.

so just for clarification you have to use your proprietary twin disc clutch, and flywheel. You cant use a single disc factory off the shelf clutch on your flywheel or use a factory flywheel. Also what is the shifter locater for and yoke. is this for a very specific vehicle swap. Great looking unit but a little over kill to put a t56 into hilux. IF you could get this set up to use a factory ls or lt1 clutch. which t56 is this setup for. sorry for all the questions. thankyou

HI flyinryanp,

this is a hd street/strip option that neil can proved as a kit for a sc400 which has been tested an works.

ls never came out as a manual, so finding a std clutch an flywheel will be fun to find, an the lt1 clutch is too large to fit inside bellhousing.

the other option is get a flywheel made up, an mate it to a 10.5" mustang clutch an pressure plate which is a 26 spline system (that is std over the shelf), im not sure if the boss fords here in OZ have the same clutch.

as for the shifter, depending on the car the installation is for, an if there is a hole for the gear stick, with a different shifter (there are about 5 different shifter locations on a t56 depending on the car installation) you can use the std hole in the floor instead of extending or hacking a new hole.

the yoke an uni that is with the kit is a stronger setup then the std donut rubber system say that comes with the holdren t56, but you will still have to mod your tailshaft to mate the yoke setup which everyway u go.

im dropping a t56 into a ls400, im using the auto bellhousing with a adpater plate to mate t56 too, custom flywheel with a mustang clutch kit an rubber yoke, an i can use the std shifter on box as it all meaures up to std hole in floor for the auto shifter.

the price is not bad, u look around at wot a twin/tripe plate system cost, not cheap? then u still need a converson kit on top an the box.

there are not many options for 6 speeds out there, this is 1.
you can alway go a 5 speed, but when u start looking at cost of say a r154 with a hd twin plate, converson etc, the cost will be very close to fitting a 6 speed.

the thing to look at is replacement cost if u ay blow a box, r154 r starting to get rare an a t56 is common?

just my 2 cents

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9037
:sgrin:There is No substitute for cubic inch, except for BOOST !!!!
"91 LS400" Argo rods, CP pistons 9:1, Custom Tighte Cams, Whipple supercharger 20psi,
Torsen Lsd, Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

thankyou for the reply. i wasnt trying to bag on his kit. i thought it look well put together and for what it is very reasonably priced just too much for what i would be doing. i also agree with you on cost of the r154 to t56. which t56 is everyone using because there are different lengths, and splines between different t56's. I also heard that you can use the tundra flywheel can anyone confirm this. you guys are amazing for knowledge. thankyou

ok hypronet after skimming your entire 22-25 page build up looks like you guys are using a holden commadore t56 which is the same as gto Right? there are 4 different output shafts. 2 different input shaft lengths in 26 spline ls series gm and lt1 gm. im in the us. kinda get into the mentality that this is the only place on earth sorry.

no need to be sorry
that is correct, holden is gto

there are a couple of different t56 box's, have a look at the 2 links an this may help u out with some info.

the way to go is, pick a very common box u have, say ls1,
look for a HD 10 1/2" clutch kit (both ford an chev have clutchs) to suit box that meet ur needs,
an get flywheel made to suit clutch that will bolt onto ringgear,
then do adapter plate.

flywheel, clutch kit an adapter plate cost me $1100 here in Oz an most good clutch an transmision places can do this.

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showpost.php?p=109737&postcount=5

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showpost.php?p=114807&postcount=16

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9037
:sgrin:There is No substitute for cubic inch, except for BOOST !!!!
"91 LS400" Argo rods, CP pistons 9:1, Custom Tighte Cams, Whipple supercharger 20psi,
Torsen Lsd, Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

also dont forget if u fit these to a factory lexus or toyota u need to sort out the speedo
and reverse and the error lights that come up when u remove the auto

i just had a very nice sc400 come in today with a t56
had to get the speedo working and some of the dash lights sorted that were popping up and few other things
the t56 drives very nice and this thing sounded so sweet