New member with love for the 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Yotarip

Hello guys,

I have browsed this website for a while and decided to join up. I have owned my 93 LS400 for about 2 years now and I love it.

P1010338.jpg

I love the 1uz's smooth power delivery and it's MECHANICAL reliabilty. I has a few issues with the ecu in the LS but the used replacement ecu seems to be holding up so far.
She only had 79k on the clock when I bought it and I quickly racked up 25k in less than 2 years so I decided to buy a 1990 Cressida to keep the wear and tear down on the LEX.

PICT0194.jpg

I made some improvement to the exterior.

P1010196.jpg
P1010193.jpg

Of course you know that the headgasket in the 7m finally blew. It happened a few weeks before xmas. So, I brought in the 2011 NEWYEAR doing this swap.

IMG_0144.jpg

I have started a build thread on another forum but I may move it here to get some input from the 1uz guru's.

Welcome to Lextreme; are you intending to swap a UZ into that Cressida? Do a search here, it's been done before and turned out very well. There's at least one build thread here on it.

The UZ's are great motors for smoothness & torque. We're still figuring out how to extract big power out of them, though.

As you probably know, Toyota finally sorted the 7M's head gasket problem, but only after it had gained one of the worst reputations going. After owning a 7M car and several 2JZ cars, there's no way I'd ever have another 7M.

Thanks for the welcome. I have searched this forum and other's but have found only limited info. That's cool because half the fun of the swap is figuring out how to make it work. So far the motor is a great fit with the right combination of ls400 and sc400 parts. I have all the ingredients to build a hybrid transmission with the original cressida trans and ls400 trans. The only serious obstacle is the clearance for the driver's side exhaust manifold and steering shaft. I have read a rumor that the ls400 steering rack swap will sovle that problem with minimal difficulty. I plan to verify that soon.