New member from Australia!

Would you rather an SC400/Soarer, or an MK4 Supra?

• Supra

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MissySoarer

Hello :)

I have a new Toyota Soarer with a couple of problems and thought I'd join a Site!
Looking forward to many good chats in the future, thanks for having me!

1991 Toyota Soarer V8 UZZ31, without airbag suspension.
Great car 28 years on!

Living in Melbourne Australia right now, Hello all!

Hi Zuffen, thanks :)

OK so here we go!
I have a Japanese Toyota Soarer UZZ31 V8 if that's relevant.

I'm thinking a relay or fuse is out but have no idea where to start. If someone can provide a pic of the fuses/relays I should be concerned with I'd appreciate it.

My car will not start. It turns over, and won't start. No power to fuel pump. It starts when I attach a wire from the battery to the fuel pump behind the back seats and apply throttle. I have wired an on/off switch from battery to the fuel pump for now.
FP and B+ doesn't seem to do anything either (fuel ECU bypass). I cannot seem to check diagnostics with the paper clip/wires, and there doesn't seem to be anything coming out of B+ in the diagnostics port of the engine bay.
Since the fuel pump/no start thing began, if I try flooring the accelerator the car doesn't want to go properly. Seems to struggle and then pick up then struggle then pickup. (Didn't do this before the fuel pump problem started).
Car also has developed a battery drain I think. Maybe related to fuel pump problem. Battery is at 12.5v after a 20 minute drive, and letting it sit for 6-12 hours after fully charged on the battery charger brings it down to 12.1v... Pulling negative cable off the thing stops the drain. (Switch under dash for remote key is turned off).

I've replaced main engine ECU with 3 known working reconditioned units, same symptoms. (Huge waste of cash also...).
I've bought a new battery, 610cca. Previous battery was 680cca (had a dead cell. 10.4v maxed out).
I've checked all fuses (under hood) but have no idea how to check relays or which relay for that matter is the one in question. I have a multimeter though!

Any advice would be very helpful and appreciated sooOOOooo much lol!

P.S. Car won't idle either. Sometimes stalls as the idle is under 300rpm's. Must keep foot on accelerator slightly (This problem was happening before the fuel pump/no start condition - don't think it's related).

Last edited: