New best 1/8 and 1/4 times

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

kc95sc400

On 9/10 I ran at Mooresville dragway (1/8 mile track, date is wrong on slips). Best was 7.874.

Last night I ran at at Darlington dragway (1/4 mile track). Best was a 12.516 with an 8.058 1/8 mile time. Haven't scanned the slips yet.

My car was not running nearly as good last night at Darlington as it was last Thursday at Mooresville. It was about 70-75 degrees both nights but last night the humidity was at 100%! Pretty sure that is at least part of the reason I was slower.

I am going to try and run the 1/4 again next Friday. Hoping for some better weather and hope to run some 12.0's - 12.1's. Will update.

KC

I don't know if I'm the fastest but I'm getting there.:biggrin:

Hopefully I'll be running 1/4 again on Friday.

KC
You're lucky that you have a 1/4 mile track nearby. There's 1 nearby my area, but it's only open once a month. And when it is, you can only run 1 round because there're hundreds of cars in line.

sweet, sounds like the suprastick is making a difference, seems like you don't have the 1-2 shift issue anymore

Sorry guys, I thought I noted some stuff I didn't....

Some recent mods:

The car has lost 130-140lbs recently. Did weigh in at 3728lbs with me in it, should now be around 3590lbs or so with me in it.

Went to a 1 step colder iridium Denso plug from the iridium NGK's I was using.

Took out my 3 inch suction side pipe and replaced it with a 3.5 pipe and filter.

------------------

My quarter times should be much better, they don't reflect the much better weather conditions that were present when I ran the 1/8. Hoping to run again Friday, hopefully with better weather. With the right weather, right track conditions and the right state of mind I SHOULD be able to hit 12.0's, maybe high 11's.

One last note. Those 1/4 runs used up the last of my Nitto (DR) tires. I have put on a Sumitomo 315/35/17 summer "street" tire. Despite what you might think, I have high hopes for the Sumitomo's. I did have a set of 275/40/75 Sumitomo's at one point, my best 60ft with them was a 1.788. Interestingly enough, my best 60ft on the Nitto 275/40/17 drag radials was also a 1.788. I'm hoping to see an improvement over both previous tires with the 315's.

KC

i noticed a huge jump in traction going from a 235/35 to a 255/35, and that a light upgrade. Your 315's should hook some nice times. good luck man, great times indeed.

Bad news guys.

Went last night to run. Wasn't running too good. Figured out why on the 4th run. I killed the transmission, second gear is gone. Even now with light driving takes about 5-10 seconds to shift to second. Blah.

If anyone knows where I can get one cheap LMK please.

KC

Went to my local 1/8 track yesterday and had some great results!

Some notes: Freshly rebuilt transmission with Raybestos blue plate clutches, IPT valve body, dex3 fluid and a new line pressure cable. Rebuilt and restalled converter (3200-3400). Running on Mickey Thompson drag radials, stock height (255-50-16's on Mustang alloys). The first two runs I did not have my water / meth injection pressure switch hooked up by mistake. Best 1/8 before yesterday was a 7.874 @ 89.517.

Run 1:

60 - 1.751 (new record)
330 - 5.125
1/8 - 7.915 @ 87.254

Run 2:

60 - 1.787
330 - 5.171
1/8 - 7.952 @ 87.536

At this point I realize that my water / meth is not working and I'm hitting 160 degrees by the end of the last two runs. You can actually see the improvement in MPH with it back on and the first couple of runs after are about the same despite crappy 60's.

Run 3:

60 - 1.881
330 - 5.218
1/8 - 7.962 @ 88.592

Run 4: Throw away run due to blowing the tires off.

60 - 2.062 (spun)
330 - 5.675
1/8 - 8.478

Run 5: New record! This run SHOULD have resulted in an 11.89 or so if I was running the 1/4!!!!!!!!!!!!

60 - 1.681 (new record of course)
330 - 4.971
1/8 - 7.703 @ 88.723!

Run 6: Not as good but still great!

60 - 1.737
330 - 5.043
1/8 - 7.774 @ 89.053

When I launched on run 5 I was cheering to myself by about the 330 mark. I just knew it was going to be awesome by the way it felt when it left. I don't think they did but it almost felt like the front tires may have lifted slightly.

Being on the new transmission / converter and first time really on the MT DR's, I was really kind of taking it easy. Run 5 I launched at about 2800rpm which I couldn't do before. Run 6 I launched at about 2600rpm. I think my actual stall speed is around 3400. At least that's the rpm (about) that the engine immediately revs to (watching back the logs) when I floor it. So, I could likely launch with some more revs.

Now I just need to do it on a 1/4 track to see if I can run 11's!

I have run 5 and 6 on video! I have uploaded run 5 to youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM2qX_nLHzw You can barely make out the time on the board if you look very hard. LOL. I have attatched a time slip scan for run 5.

KC

Attachments

• slip-7.073.jpg
    slip-7.073.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 1
Hey Kc,

I am wondering if my stock fuel line will support high hp. I have modified everything except for the metal line from the tank to the fuel rail. Are you still using the OEM line on your SC? Trying to find out what HP level it becomes a restriction.

Hey Kc,

I am wondering if my stock fuel line will support high hp. I have modified everything except for the metal line from the tank to the fuel rail. Are you still using the OEM line on your SC? Trying to find out what HP level it becomes a restriction.

I wouldn't stress it Sean....it won't become a restriction unless your requirements are beyond the ability of a 044 pump to supply..approx 600hp.

I'm not sure what you're considering "high horsepower" but mine seems to be doing fine for the most part. Making at least 350RWHP, have done this before on the dyno. I'm guessing I'm a bit closer to 400RWHP now, estimated by trap speed improvements, about 8MPH.

My fuel system is stock short of the Walboro pump and the 315 Supra injectors.

I've been thinking about rising rates allot lately, nagging me in the back of my mind, seems I MUST be getting close to the limit of the 315's.

--------------------------------------

Haven't run the 1/4 yet since running the 7.7 1/8. Not really looking great for the rest of the year. It's too cold. Might have an option on Sunday but it's a long drive that I'm not yet sure I'm willing to make.

KC

Thanks, I was looking for a few examples of stock systems working out before I decided to run 3/8" steel lines from end to end. I plan for 5-7psi max on a 4.7L with the same 315cc's and a 255 walbro.

man if your pushing close to 400whp, those injectors must be screaming lol. I ran a rising rate for a year with my stock system and it worked great. Leaning out an injector from a maxed it out at 10+ psi could melt a piston or 2. Pretty hard to lean out the stock uz at 7psi.. but at 10+ your right on that edge. Does your maftpro pull timing for situations like this?

Last edited: