Need some guidance on Power Steering Pressure Hose

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

t21wolves

Hello!

I am trying to replace a leaky power steering pressure hose on a 1998 Lexus ES300. I haven't done this before and wanted a little help before I start whacking away at the wrong parts!

I've identified all of the parts and connections, but I'm having some trouble removing the old part because both connections are at the bottom of the car to the rear of the engine and are hard to get to.

I'm trying to figure out a couple of things:

1) the best way to remove the connection that attaches to the pump itself. It is VERY cramped back there and hard to even get a hand in the area. Also, do I crank on the piece on top of or below the connection (B in the picture)? I haven't seen the type of connector on the hose before.

2) the left piece that connects to the hose (A in the picture) isn't budging and I want to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong before applying more pressure. Should I keep cranking or cut the line like I've seen in some videos? If I cut the line how do I re-connect everything?

Please help a beginner mechanic out!

Car%20Repair.png

For A, use two wrenches
For B, just go at it.
I actually have a 97 muself and have replaced it, and dont recall using any special tools, do you know how to daisy chain 2 wrenches together?
Charley