Need Advise with internals and force induction

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Flako

Hello Folks,

Eric over here checking in from Okinawa, Japan. I own a 1998 Toyota Crown Majesta, powered by a 1UZ-FE VVT-i. You might have gotten a hint from the tittle, I want and need forced induction on my power plant. As i mentioned before, i currently reside in one of the islands of the in-line 6 turbocharger kingdom and im getting tired of getting smoke by them...hehe!:( folks over here don't use V8s, mostly JZs, RBs, and SRs. I want to be different and i have the confidence that the almighty 1uz can line up to these guys.
600HP is my goal. I want to use a centrifugal supercharger from vortech (looking at the V3 family or V2). For that number, i know the stock internals are weak on the 1uz vvti. So im gonna use the lextreme H-beam rods and the fish bracket for the supecharger. I have a few questions.. Piston wise, do i have to use a certain type to lower the compression ratio due to now using a supercharger?
How low I have to go on the compression ratio? 8:1? 8.5:1?
what size of injectors would i need? would the supra 315cc be ok?
Will my stock transmission be ok to use? would i have to use a different torque converter?
And for the final bubble buster.... Its a VVT-i engine, can i use a centrifugal supercharger or any type of force induction?
I love V8s and when I came to Japan, I was amazed by the quad cam 32 valve 1UZ-fe....hell of an engine!! I'm new to the tunning world but not to the V8 world. I have a 5.8L Ford V8 351windsor back home in Chicago...i miss it.
Any help would be apreciated guys. I would like have this project done and debute it in the burn-out contest in October for the anual Rocktober Fest.
Thank You for your time gents.

They have higher octane fuel there ??
Four valve engines can run high compression with good tune..As in Cobra / Coyote engine..
I have no issues with C.P pistons when it comes to forced induction..
I would aim for 9.5 compression which could be achieved just by using a Cometic head gaskets.. Run it through a compression calculator ?? T define what piston dish is required ?? It won't be much depending head gasket thickness ..
I would go with around 550cc injector..

Last edited:
They have higher octane fuel there ??
Four valve engines can run high compression with good tune..As in Cobra / Coyote engine..
I have no issues with C.P pistons when it comes to forced induction..
I would aim for 9.5 compression which could be achieved just by using a Cometic head gaskets.. Run it through a compression calculator ?? T define what piston dish is required ?? It won't be much depending head gasket thickness ..
I would go with around 550cc injector..
Yes, the highest octane fuel is 100. there is a couple of Shell gas stations that have 103-105 octane fuel (i think). The rest of the local gas stations have 89-96 RON.
My current compression is 11:1 or 10:1. i forgot which, i have to check again. I heard thats a little to high for forced induction.

The VVT and latter models have higher compression..Which unfortunately have the lighter rods std.. Possibly 8cc dish and your choice of head gasket ??
TMK the Cometic is .080 & std is around .038 Enough to change compression for the power you want..

yeah...I know the rods in my engine are thinner, compared to the first generation 1UZs.
I'm still not sure which head gasket to use. would i have to use both the cometic and the STD gaskets? Are my current pistons good enough for the power im aimming for?

Tmk the VVT head gaskets are multy layer as most engines use these days . The Cometic is much the same only thicker or come in thicker options . If your going to the trouble of fitting better rods I would have thought the price of pistons is not so much of an issue .. Forged rods and pistons make assembly so much stronger !! Besides the latter vvt rotating assembly are so much lighter so the rev quicker in std N/A form.. Yep either head gasket one or the other depending on compression choice ..

Last edited:
Lots of people fitting TVS1900 blowers in soarers should fit in a crown EASY, contact http://www.bulletcars.com/ ask them for an installed height on the VVT-i kit OR find a local shop to fabricate a manifold and you can buy a bare ford motorsport TVS blower out of the USA CHEAP

will be much more fun in a heavy crown than a centrifugal

Currently the only M112/M90 manifold that fits the vvti is the expensive bullet manifold. However it was designed for SUV engine compartments (sequoia/landcruiser). I asked bullet about my car and fitment and they stated that it would not clear my hood (98 gs400). The Bullet has longer runners which raised the overall supercharger height. I suppose if the bullet manifold was cut and re-welded to be shorter, this might work out.

Centrifugal isn't too much of a compromise. If you really design the setup to overdrive the blower and utilize a wastegate to keep peak pressures in check, you get the best of both worlds (torque and simplicity). By doing this you gain loads of torque under the curve (as well as peak tq). At the end of the day you have a centri which can closely mimic a turbo's curve. Even with the blower is spinning a couple psi below its rpm threshold, these things do not get hot and the parasitic loss at redline isn't a big deal.

Now for 600bhp and an overdriven blower, you will exceed available entry model's RPM rating (prochgarger p1 or vortech v1). If I needed 600bhp + over driven blower, I would grab a procharger D1 or a vortech V2 which should allow 20psi roughly w/o over spinning the blower. I have a friend with a vortech'd 350z and I helped him upgrade to this setup. I can vouch that the increase in tq was more than significant.

http://www.superchevy.com/technical...sucp_1211_supercharger_wastegate/viewall.html