Name that part!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Smitherz

Alright guys I have a question about a part. Can anyone tell me what this item is the picture is? It is located right next to the 2 ignitors in the passenger side engine compartment. :33: Do I need this for my 1uz conversion?

I was on the hunch that it was the ignition noise suppressor but my manual shows that component being located on the engine itself.

noise.jpg

Fuel pump low speed resistor from a Crown. I think the LS400 uses them as well.

The low speed ccircuit runs throught the resistor to drop the pump voltage to about 9.6v. When the ECU wants the fuel pump at high speed it bypasses the resistor.

No wonder there is so much surface area on the unit to dissipate the heat. It sounds like I need one :pat: I spotted this part on a LS400 at the auto salvage yard and took note as I do not recognize it being connected to my harness I have. Thanks again big Z.

Yep, I've never seen one of them in my crown.
Fuel pump get's 12v as soon as I turn the key.
Come to think of it I don't even know where the wires are for the original pump, I just ran off the ACC

I was thinking just the same thing. Running the pump at full speed wouldn't kill it. Who knows. My Tacoma fuel pump might run at a full 12v all the time anyways. I think I'm just going to throw a hidden "fuel on" switch in this circuit for a little theft deterrent system. :naughty:

Plus that part is damn ugly! I don't want to see that little brick when I open the hood. :yuck: