NA Tuning

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MWP

Hi all,

I see lots of threads/info in these forums on forced induction 1UZ mods and results.
But almost nothing on high end 1UZ NA tuning and results.

I mean from things like, balancing/blueprinting, ITBs, increased compression, port & polish, cams, etc, etc.

What kind of rev limits have people been pushing, and with what resulting power?
It would be nice to see some dyno sheets too.

smileysex5.gif

I'll give you a generic answer since you don't seem to be garnering much of a responce after 2 days.
All of that stuff has been done N/A & some information is around if you search hard enough for it on this forum.

Now as to *why* you don't see as much of it around. In all honesty, it's for two major reasons:
1) Cost - It's far more cost effective to run FI. *Especially* with the DIY/Junkyard/whatever-you-want-to-call-it Turbo / Super charger movement. N2O is always cheap. The price to performance is simply staggering with FI once you really get into the possibilities.
2) Performance - I do not care who has done what, on any engine. I promise... Regardless of anything, you can shove more charge in than you can suck it at psia.
Peak power can easily be made as large as one wishes, and unlike a flat out screaming N/A engine. You can taylor your entire powerband. While there is always a trade-off to be had (Just like N/A), the trade-offs can be made far more bearable than N/A. What I'm saying, is that with FI you generally get to have your cake (big peak power) and eat it too (bigger powerband).

This does not mean that FI is flat out superior than N/A. It's just a better fit to what many people are trying to accomplish.

I hope that, combined with some searching can satisfy what you are looking for. There's just not a lot of hardcore information about N/A floating around with tons of data backing it up.

I wish I could have summed the situation up so well.

A very accurate definition of why FI is so popular compared to N/A.

When A/F ratio tuning on a 1uz-fe motor that is being adjusted via a plug and play piggy back or stand alone ECU what should the air to fuel ratio's be set at for max power? How lean can you run an N/A motor to achieve maximum hp's without risking damage to the motor?

Max power A/F ratio on 1uz-fe NA 12.8/12.9 to 1, ignition 26/28 deg.

Cruise on flat road at 2500 rpm can be around 16.5 to 1, ignition 38/40 deg. Just make VERY sure ignition is pulled out fast enough and A/F increased as load increases.