My SC400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I also have 18" rims on low profile z-rated goodyears on my 1992 sc400, but have a 1" drop with my eibach suspension, looks sweet if I could show you the picture I would, but not a member yet and don't know how to attach photo's. I tell you Step it up - and get the most out of your stock sc400, they are really undertuned. I remember when mine was stock, heck I was afraid to race stock automatic 95 mustang 6 cylinder, now one year later and $7000 later, I am looking for AMG's, vettes, etc.. to race. That $7000 included a lot of cosmetic's, paint, new leather etc... If you shop and put $1500 into exhaust, ECU piggyback, and a new torque converter you will be running with camaro's, and beating stock stick mustangs 95 model 4.6's. That rear tire will actually spin off a dead start, with a stock sc400 you almost have to get out and push to get up to speed from a dead stop. It's a start so save those penny's. Late

well so far i have only done the intake, high stall torque converter and mufflers. I have to put the pics up so u guys can see it. I do all the body work and upgrades myself to keep cost down. I wanted to turbo it but lextreme said that i need to have a custom header made, i was hoping to just buy the headers and build every thing else myself. well, we will see how it goes.

Attachments

• LEXS_Blower1.jpg
    LEXS_Blower1.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 10
  • LEXS_Blower2.jpg
    LEXS_Blower2.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 8
deathblow said:
well so far i have only done the intake, high stall torque converter and mufflers. I have to put the pics up so u guys can see it. I do all the body work and upgrades myself to keep cost down. I wanted to turbo it but lextreme said that i need to have a custom header made, i was hoping to just buy the headers and build every thing else myself. well, we will see how it goes.
Hey did the torque converter make much difference??
Im thinking or purchasing one.

stock sc400 are a little slow on take of jibby but i wouldnt go as far as what you are saying.
And 1500 isnt enough to get piggy back and a decent exhaust system unless you are doing all the work your self.
Unless you buy real crap.

The Dragon Torque Converter is the answer

In my opinion the Dragon Torque Converter is the one mod that makes the biggest difference in performance on the sc400. From a dead stop you hit the gas full throttle and the rear wheels spin out. It transfers the torque immediately to the rear whees. The stock Torque Converter was designed for Senior Citizens. You practically have to get out and push to get the car rolling from a dead stop. Forget everything else and save and get the D.T.C. it is not cheap but makes a world of difference. You will not be dissapointed. However you will lose just a bit of top end.

To V8TOY If you do your shopping on Ebay for the exhaust - the mufflers and cat, go to cheap muffler shop and have everything installed and have then ad 2 1/2 exhaust piping from the cat to the mufflers, should not be more the $600. I got a magnaflow cat and megan N1 mufflers for $275 on ebay new. An Apex or greddy E mange piggyback, again ebay $300 tuned and installed another $250. I did both for $825 no lie and I did not do the work myself and am very happy with my equipment, I did the intake for $175 again on ebay, I installed a injen snorkle tube and Rod millen complete large airfilter and opened the airflow to the filter and I did that complete job myself. Very simple. I think maybe you are mistaken. Try ebay and muffler shops in shitty areas, I kid you not.

yeah i meant if you got good ****, i got 3" mandrel bent exhaust, custom headers ( made up from scratch), all heat wraped. if you get good work done, stuff that will last and give a good hp gain, yeah it will cost.

But take in mind that im talking NZ dollar not Us dollar!!

An Aussie boy? Excellent you guys are good surfers and I like your beer too! Your headers sound nice I wish you could send me down a pair. I am always looking for more power, but then again who isn't.

In regards to the top end it is noticeable but not much but the low end gains are rediculous. Ebay $900 and $200-$300 installed. Don't know your currency exchange, you will have to figure that out, I live in Los Angeles, California, USA.