My official introduction thread with Pics..... check it out......

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Ok guys, I have been lerking on the forums here for awhile getting some knowledge and building up my Soarer to a level that I thought was satisfactory to show some pictures of. I have been building the car for almost two years now. I would like to thank David of Lextreme and all of you members for all of the knowledge and information I have learned about this car. I wouldn't have been possible without you. I kept telling Steve and Ryan that I would be making an intro thread soon, so here is my beast in the making. (still after lots of money :) ) I don't get the luxury of rolling around with nice lexus cars like you cali. and florida boys do since there is alot of you in that area. So if there is anyone local who wants to meet up let me know.

Specs

Exterior
1992 Lexus SC400
PPG Phantom Met. Paint
Soarer Badges
JIC Magic Side skirts
Vertex T&E F/R lips
97+ front end conv.
"fake" 97+ fog lighting
19" Stern ST-2's 19x9.5 rear 25mm offset 19x8.5 front 20mm offset
tires Bridgestone Potenza RE050A (these tires are expensive but man do they bite.... they come stock on the ferrari enzo's and AMG Mercedes)
window tint
Redded out tails
Honda Shorty style antenna

Interior
Lextech full blue LED cluster with white needles
Lextech blue LED climate control
Wood trim painted color to match Exterior
Sound System
Full white LED kit

Performance
Lextreme EGR delete kit
2.5" Header back exhaust
high flow magnaflow cat
Blitz Nur-Spec axle back exhaust
B&M Trans Cooler
Koyo Radiator

That's a hot black SC. I like the car overall with the body kit and its stance. You already made your introduction and way too impressive. :dance: It's time to supercharge that car. The "Fish" is the quick way to go and you can keep your current exhaust.

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate the kind words. I am up in the air on FI right now. I already have a turbo from a previous car build laying in my garage. It is a bit small for the lexus V8 it's a turbonetics t3/t4 hybrid 57 trim .63 AR hot side and i think .58 cold side im not 100% sure on that one. Like you were saying steve I wouldn't have to modify my exhaust with the fish. But I love everything about going turbo though.:dance: I decided to upgrade my suspension and brakes, since everything is stock right now. If i'm going to go fast I need it to stop fast and to be able to have the car react properly to the power. I have been collecting parts for my R154 manual swap. Currently I have all of the SC300 5 spd parts like clutch pedal, driveshaft, etc. I have the MKIII supra R154 Trans, all I really need now is a flywheel and clutch setup and an adaptor plate. I have been searching around for an adaptor plate and flywheel and have found a few. Who would you guys reccomend getting one from? I seen cowboy makes them, are there any others who make them? Or am I going to have to go down under for this.

Check with a member named "RedPhoenix". He has the adapter for W58 done for prodution, and I think the R154 is an ongoing project. Also, check with Blizzy to see how he did it. I've read a lot of Supra guys on Supraforum.com did it successfully.

I think you can't beat the price/performance of the 95 LS400 front brake and MKIV TT rear brake.

I'm using the Tein SS suspension, but my friend uses the Megan and I think Megan is better with the same price. Megan also has the camber/toe adjustments on it.

That turbo you mentioned is a bit small for the 4 L. You'll have more backpressure than normal.

I appreciate the info on the suspension steve.:biggthumpup: It was a toss up for me on the two sets of the coilovers you listed. But I did some more looking and I think I will be doing the gixxer-drew setup off of CL the same one that Redphoenix has on his car.:drive: I have since decided to drop the FI route and go nitrous due to cost and time restraints.:sad: This car is a weekend toy for me so I won't be using much up in that time. So it shouldn't be too bad in the long run price wise. I would love to go single like you have but getting a set of manifolds and all done would be pretty pricey. I wish my turbo was bigger so I could save some money there cause that is the major chunk of change.

Gixxer-drew setup! That sounds like something crazy. :thinkerg:

Nitrous will harm your engine more than anything else, even though it's tuned and used properly. Nos should only be used at WOT. Imagine that all of the surges in power kicking in and it'll wear out the parts much sooner than any FI system. The other thing is you'll always have to worry when you run out of juice and will have to come to the shop to fill it. And if you just run out of juice and there's another car that wants to run against you, you'll have to say "Hey buddy, I'm sorry, I'm dry! Wait for me to fill the bottle." :lmao:

Honestly, I think if you don't want to turbocharge it, you can run a centrifugal supercharger and use the Fish bracket of Lextreme to make it simple. You can have a whole system for around $1500 and can get it done within 1 week. I see Ebay sometime has some good used Vortech or Procharger for around $500. Even rebuilding it will cost only around $350. And to keep the cost down, run about 7-8 lbs of boost so you won't need any bigger injectors or any aftermarket ECU. All you'll need is a 255 lph hi-flow hi-pressure fuel pump and a rising rate FMU. This supercharger setup is still better than Nitrous.

I'm sorry if I've offended any Nos users, but everyone already knew that.

Thanks for the info steve you are right on the volitility of nitrous. I have already went through blowing up one motor on nitrous it was a 4 cyl though. I put a custom turbo setup on it afterwards and was completely satisfied. I spent alot of money on it to make it right, but it was worth it. I still have the turbo bug, there is nothing like it. I guess I will have to start saving every penny I have and turbo this beast. I might have to hit up David and see if he could fabricate me a setup similar to yours. I want to go big single, so I will have less of everything and less maintance as well. What brand is your turbo you have on your car? I read that you got it off of ebay I had a bad run in on my last build with an ebay turbo. I am kinda leaning towards a master power T76. They are very fairly priced and have heard good things about them.

A T76 is way too big unless you'll go for +800 rwhp, and that means it'll be laggy. The Ebay turbo that I used isn't Ebay turbo anymore. It was maxxed out. Then it's upgraded to T60-1, and now is upgraded to T66. I haven't tested this T66 yet. David's design requires removing the engine to install it, so I had to redesign it so it can be installed and removed without removing the engine. But either style is good for street. I heard the Master turbo is pretty good.

Manual conversion 1UZ-FE to R154 / W58

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate the kind words. I am up in the air on FI right now. I already have a turbo from a previous car build laying in my garage. It is a bit small for the lexus V8 it's a turbonetics t3/t4 hybrid 57 trim .63 AR hot side and i think .58 cold side im not 100% sure on that one. Like you were saying steve I wouldn't have to modify my exhaust with the fish. But I love everything about going turbo though.:dance: I decided to upgrade my suspension and brakes, since everything is stock right now. If i'm going to go fast I need it to stop fast and to be able to have the car react properly to the power. I have been collecting parts for my R154 manual swap. Currently I have all of the SC300 5 spd parts like clutch pedal, driveshaft, etc. I have the MKIII supra R154 Trans, all I really need now is a flywheel and clutch setup and an adaptor plate. I have been searching around for an adaptor plate and flywheel and have found a few. Who would you guys reccomend getting one from? I seen cowboy makes them, are there any others who make them? Or am I going to have to go down under for this.

Hey, I am building a 1UZ into an 2001 P690 Hilux SWB 2WD with R154 5spd trannie. Got Bellhousing, flywheel, clutch plate, pressure plate, release bearing, clutch fork and all bolts needed to bolt bellhousing to gearbox for R7500-00 (aprox $1000 usd) from AACC (Adapter And Conversion Centre) in Pretoria, South Africa.

Good day,

I'm not offerring the kit, I bought one for my conversion from the guys I told you about.

Nice kit, I could directly bolt every thing together, lh exhaust could be a problem for you as it is directly in line with clutch slave cylinder. I could remanufacture lh header and reroute down pipe to clear clutch components in my Hilux 2wd.

Regards

kobus1nc
South Africa