My nemesis... SRT-8 Charger!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spf_lexus

So there is a local guy with a stock srt-8 charger that wants to race me at my local strip. I have a 3200lb sc400 w/ 9psi centrifugal, 4.27 rear, 255/19'' nitto's, high stall TC. Im guesstimating 400-420BHP versus a hemi 6.0L 420BHP v8 in a heavier car.

Opinions?

So there is a local guy with a stock srt-8 charger that wants to race me at my local strip. I have a 3200lb sc400 w/ 9psi centrifugal, 4.27 rear, 255/19'' nitto's, high stall TC. Im guesstimating 400-420BHP versus a hemi 6.0L 420BHP v8 in a heavier car.

Opinions?

Make sure your ECT button is pressed in.:D

hehe, its always on. I know i could smoke this guy if i could hook up with some brake boosting. I am still rocking a crap open-diff so I wont be able to stall very high.

To be honest I think you could take him. His power delivery won't be as smooth and linear as the Lexus so I think he will get too much wheel spin at the start and you will get away first.

I GOT HIM!! :D

Managed to solve my engine issues this morning and about an hour ago i was leaving wal mart when a black on black SRT8 charger pulls up with a 4" tipped exhaust. Green light drops, he pulled me by half a car... as stayed at the same spot all the way through 1st and second but when I grabbed 3rd, it was like a kick in the ass, I gained my 1 car loss and gained a car on him. Soon after I layed on the brakes to make the next red light but my engine was starting to cut out as i was at 135mph... basically I ran out of gear! If the red light wasnt red he would have caught up and blew by me. I really need a tremec t-56 swap 6-speed swap. ALso, if I had an LSD I could have matched his launch tit for tat. I'm stoked :D

Nice race! Show them what the 15 years old Lexus is made of. LOl. Ebay sometimes has Supra TT LSD. I have it on my car and it makes a big difference in launching. If you do burn-out without LSD, you'll see only 1 black rubber line. If I recall correctly, the black line is on the right hand side, so that means only the right wheel turns. But if you do burn-out with the LSD, you'll see 2 black rubber lines.

Thanks Steve. I really need an LSD and some more gear to make this car well-rounded. At the time I was running bald 255 nitto Invo's all around and they had very weak traction. I really enjoy the 4.27 final on the streets as i rarely hit more than 130+ anyway but I really wish I had an extra ratio to bump me back into the stock 155mph top speed just in case. I really want the t-56 with the .50:1 6th gear. Then I will gain ever more low end tq and more top speed at the same time.

Overall I sorta knew I would win Lol. SRT8's weight 4200 pounds! 1000lb =100bhp, so pound for pound I was theoretically running 500bhp versus his 425bhp.

next stage? Maybe the 2012 SRT8's... they have 475bhp and run a 4.6sec 0-60. I really need to race cars w/ a closer curb weight but out in colorado all I see is domestics looking for a romp so it sorta sucks.

I agree with the traction loss when it's boosting. It chirps the tires and make you feel it's powerful, although it's not moving right away. On my car, I let it roll at half throttle for about half of a second to catch traction before I floor it.