Project Thread my collection of old toyota's

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sheepers

ive got quite a soft spot for old school toyotas. but ive never been much of a fan of "stock" unless its rare as..
anyway, heres my collection.

1st, my daily driver.
car1.jpg

polish3.jpg

RIMG0042-1.jpg

my old daily driver (now sold)

crown2.jpg

tauporacing055.jpg

my other celica project.

backside.jpg

Picture023.jpg

and my other project awaiting me getting of my arse and working on it.
ms515-1.jpg

ms517.jpg

one day ill get them all finished......

I gotta say---I am a fan of the coupe. Gorgeous daily driver. Gorgeous. Is that the factory blue color code---just fresh?

Stock drive axle and diff or is there a stronger R&P or LSD in there?

Why not the VVT-i? Just curious....Thats a 1JZ right?

Mine is under way still...to shorten the to-do list...

-more work on the rear axle (7.5" 5 bolt)
-minor front suspension details
-box in engine corssmember
-mount rack and pinion
-seats mounts (2nd gen Supra's)
-lots of wiring
-engine odds+ends
-get rid of that lame-ass vinyl top

On the plus, most of the money needing to be spent has been spent...:fingersx: Havent been able to work on it in a month.

IMG_8417.jpg

IMG_8418.jpg

the blue one has a commodore VL turbo LSD in it, shortened to fit, and its still stock steering box at the mo but im collecting the bits to go to R&P.

i put 1JZ in the RA23 about 7 years ago, at that time the vvt 1JZ's just did not exist, you couldnt get one unless you bought a whole car and wrecked it and that was way outside the budget.

oh, and the liftback isint black, its dark purple.

sheepers.

old school body's are sexy but with new tech motors makes my mouth water.

You said it! I am in the middle of selling off 15 years worth of old school 4 cylinder parts. I haven't even driven my car yet, but I know that once I feel that V8 I'll never go back. I'll probably always have old Toyotas, but I'm either going V8, or much newer 4 or 6 cylinder motors (fuel injection, COPs, etc).

Mark

Great now I need to change pants!!!

Your cars are just gorgeous especialy the blue coupe. Are those wheels SSR Professor? I'd kill to get a RA2X like yours how does it handle with an engine twice the weight?.. and 3 times the power.

Here's my oldish toyota,

1980 MA55 Celica (Supra Mk1)

A pic just after i bought it 12 years ago:

Celica.jpg

And another 9 years later when just before i sold it:

PIC_0015y.jpg

Had been converted in 1989 to Small Block chev 1st a 327 and then a 283 when i sold it. had so many good memorys in that car...

most recent:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRsUqMI9pBA

Daniel.

Great now I need to change pants!!!

Your cars are just gorgeous especialy the blue coupe. Are those wheels SSR Professor? I'd kill to get a RA2X like yours how does it handle with an engine twice the weight?.. and 3 times the power.

the wheels on the blue car are simmons B45's i think. (i bought them new about 6 years ago and i cant remember the model number, they still make them)
they are pretty much an institution down this side of the world. they have been made in australia for years and almost every muscle car in the 80's and 90's had them.
how does it handle? i have done allot to get it to go round corners but it handles extremely well. i can foot it with much lighter race cars (with less power) and it corners very well. i have no problem keeping up with S15 silvias and the like on the track, if there is any thing like a straight i can pass them and drive off into the distance. provided of corse the other driver is as useless as me.
im racing it again in about a month, cant wait.
sheepers.

EDIT: hers some video,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IW5SGddaHU&feature=channel

Thanks for the update and info.

I looked on Simmons website and I think you have the F90 models. Their stuff look really well built and light, but at that price I'd stick with something more common on this part of the world (SSR, Work, Volk).

Nice to see your kinking ass with you Celica on the track. More proof that the secret is a big engine in a light chassis. Carrol Shelby and Collin Chapman had found that a while ago. Do you have the spring stiffness of both rear and front? I'm trying to figure what kind of ballpark I should be in. I'm curently at 5.5kg front and 4.2kg rear (IRS).

that pic is LOL^^^
what power did you get from your UZ?

Hey Sheepers,
Its an untouched engine with a huge exhaust and an EMS computer and puts out 170rwkw. I have just put a KAAZ lsd in to handle more grunt and am looking to buy a supercharger from bullet performance. They predict just under 500 hp.
Then my initial idea for the car all those years ago will be realised.
Love the stance of yours!
A mate had a black celica with that engine and those wheels on it....Went like F$%%..............
How much power have you sneaked out of that great engine?
Sparksy.