my aw11 mr2 project

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

vvega

just joined up and thought id share my little project
the plan is a turbo as well but just keeping it n/a till its running
cheers for your time
vvega
aw11progress002.jpg

Comeon you must give us more information than that mate....

How much cutting was required?
What trans you using?
Has it been engineered....

What is required with this swap...

O by the way.. ABSOLUTELY awesome IDEA

ok no cutting bending welding or "molding" so far
i am howeven gunna massage the ribbing in the walls to alow the motor to rock a little
teh ex maifolds are oon it at the moment
im goi=ng to use the e53 trans
and modd the bell flange to allow the driveshaft to pass though
ive looked in to this extensively and feel that this can happen
im going to use a electric water pump to shorten the motr
and a bleive once the front is done the motor will only be 3-4 inches furter across than the 4age in where the flywheel sits :D
the engine also sits on the orignal centre of the 4age

next weekend i will be making the mounting so all going well by the end of the weekend the motor will be bolted in

just need to find a iuz bell to cut the flange off now :D

cheers fop your time guys and thanks for the positive support :D

v

its the snout of the pump im refering too
at the moment that its the furtherest forward item
thanks for your thought though

v

The water pump runs off the cam belt. The snout at the very front can be removed without effecting anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
the engineer will be here tomorrow wendsday to go though my process to be sure hes happy with it then its all go till he needs to come inspect again
ive found previously if there involved from the word go they normally do a few tests and rubber stamp it as they feel they have a in depth involvment
in nz our laws seem to be considerably more lax than austrailia or the us
v

Cobra said:
The water pump runs off the cam belt. The snout at the very front can be removed without effecting anything.
like a 3sge??
arhh so thats purely a idler ??
and has no real function ??
that would make it considerably easyier

thanks peewee as well
you have both saved a bit of hassel :D

v

Purely an idler. If your motor is from a Crown it also has the fan bolted to it. The only thing that runs it is the fanbelt

Last edited by a moderator:
i have yet to strip a 1uz down so internally wise i have no idea whats in there
i belive there a 6 bolt mains and have been told they wil rev to 7000 rpm with no real hassel .. though they make no more power doing so

4k's ,3sgte's and 4ages are my forte with toyota engines

this poject is more about doing what has been said cant be done rather than a exercise in been power hungry

sould it all work out well i see no reason why a turbo can not be added later to make it more interesting :D

v

Cobra said:
Purely an idler. If your motor is from a Crown it also has the fan bolted to it. The only thing that runs it is the fanbelt
cool so do you think the bolts that hold it on..i assume its detachable would be suitable for fitting a front stablising mount to ???
what size are the bolts ???
thanks for this help it has been great so far
would pictures of the removal of this stuff help for your referance at all forum wise
im sure i wont be the last one to ask questions like this

v

Cobra said:
oh and yes had a fan attached to it
so no hydrolic drive as with the soarers ?

if this is so is it any indication as to the power output or the year of manufacture of this motor ??

thanks again
v

I think the water pump you are thinking of is actually the hydraulic fan pump and the solanoid sticks out quite far. you can just take this off but it exposes your cambelt. I kept the housing off my pump but machined it back so i can fit and electric pull fan...I will post a pic or a link...see if this works

Attachments

• IM000420.jpg
    IM000420.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 60
LOWBOY NZ said:
I think the water pump you are thinking of is actually the hydraulic fan pump and the solanoid sticks out quite far. you can just take this off but it exposes your cambelt. I kept the housing off my pump but machined it back so i can fit and electric pull fan...I will post a pic or a link...see if this works
\
so your just round the corner :D

mine definatly had a viscous fan on the front of it i pulled the viscous unit off :D

250 hp @ wheels or motor ???
thats not a bad figure to start with now is it :D

v