my 1UZ Bundera..with issues pls help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

BigEv

hey peoples, im Evan and i have a 1986 Toyota bundera. i got it when i was 17 and for the last 12 months it has undergone many modifications, including a engine swap blessing its chassis rails is a 1UZ-FE and auto out of a toyota crown.

last weekend i had a 4x4 competition and have run into some dramas which hopefully someone here might be able to help me out!!

i ended up loosing reverse, neutral and the engine is now laboured up, someone else said it might be trying to grab 2 gears at once and therefor being ghay!!
i did have the vehicle on some pretty steep angles and was still driving, im not sure if this would have caused the problem! as in maybe burning or spot welding clutch plates?? or maybe a damaged rear seal which might have allowed transfer oil to leak into the auto box and maybe block veins?? not too sure!!

here are some pics so you know what my rig looks like!!

outside1.jpg

DSC_3612Medium.jpg

P4120083.jpg

P4120086.jpg

PCTTC08122.jpg

DSC01375.jpg

Evan

**** I must have been drunk, I camped at TT for 3 days and can't remember seeing your rig once.
Awsome bit of gear by the way, hope you get it sorted.

**** I must have been drunk, I camped at TT for 3 days and can't remember seeing your rig once.
Awsome bit of gear by the way, hope you get it sorted.
haha Beato..I had missed this also..LOL but anyway what cebby says..something like that..awesome rig too..SOA with what size tires?how does it perform with the SOA..?and the spring articulation..looks real good..did you change the axles?or are they standard 70 series?Just looking at all the options for my truck to get more articulation..cheers

haha Beato..I had missed this also..LOL but anyway what cebby says..something like that..awesome rig too..SOA with what size tires?how does it perform with the SOA..?and the spring articulation..looks real good..did you change the axles?or are they standard 70 series?Just looking at all the options for my truck to get more articulation..cheers

hey champ!!
the 70 series (bunderas) are coil sprung so its not SOA!
the suspension is 3 link+ panhard rod with RaceRunner Airshocks (no springs needed)

na there not 70 series axles (hilux) i have put 80 series landcruiser diffs under it and longfield axles and cv's in the front!

keep the questions coming if ya need anymore help!

Evan

How did you mate the Crown Auto to the 70s transfer? I have a 75 Troopy and I want to fit a UZ and Auto, probably from a soarer, to it yet have not been able to find out if they well bolt up or what I have to do to get them to bolt up.

Now everyone can tell me theres a "how to" or a thread on it somewhere.

How did you mate the Crown Auto to the 70s transfer? I have a 75 Troopy and I want to fit a UZ and Auto, probably from a soarer, to it yet have not been able to find out if they well bolt up or what I have to do to get them to bolt up.

Now everyone can tell me theres a "how to" or a thread on it somewhere.

hey mate i dont have a 7#series transfercase, i have put a Rover LT230 transfer as they are stronger and have a range of things you can add like reduction gears, rear disconnects etc.

as for adapting it i had it done custom. if you are looking for a bolt up strong drive line this is what i would do:

1UZ-fe mated to a TH400 auto (adapter plate from CRS) then a LT230 (adapter plate from marks adapters)
reduction gears from Hi’Tough Engineering

thats what i would run but i have already set it up !!

Evan

Thanks Even. I was going to use the T700R4 for the O/D (my car is a long distance tourer not setup for racing) but when you said about the Toyota g/box I thought you may have done the full Toyota thing.
Thanks again.