MK4 Supra, 1UZ tt and T56

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
a small update...

i found this video on your tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ze54cByRiw4

ive realy no idea whats going on, im sure its nothing illegal.

in fact im absolutely convinced.

on a more technical note,
i have installed a subaru boost control solenoid and have made the mods to the megasquirt to control this solenoid.

DSC00197.jpg

i also have installed the 8 series 5 rx7 injectors.

these were bench flowed at 643cc/m so are more than capable of supplying me with my fuel needs, and some.

ive yet to test the system and also implement spark plug upgrades as required.

so far the standard denso plug have been fine but im unsure how long this will continue once boost in increased.

anyone with spark plug recommendations please speak up.
although i will do a bit of research on here and other places for plug upgrades.

sleep time.

Just starting a similar project myself, the info and photo's and inspiration on this thread have been invaluable. Thank you for sharing.

another small update....

So far ive worn out a set of rear tyres and have been driving the car every other weekend since last august.

So far ive melted one of the cam cover plastics from track work and that pretty much it.

Its far to quiet but perhaps i like it this way.
Its only really when during motorsport events that extra noise would be nice. so far the noisey honda's are all you can hear in trackday footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zx45vSId0g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01Wn7cFzeeo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mF7cLoMBi0

The yellow holden in the last vid is my friends, who is also running a TT 1UZ with a megasquirt ECU. he is using the standard dizzy setup tho which is giving us some problems.

we may upgrade to the wasted spark setup thats in my supra to remove the dual dizzy sillyness....

need to do some maintenance to it so i might just park it up for the winter whilst i tinker with other things.....

lotsa fun.

Daniel.

Hi Mr wizard.

the ecu needs 2 extra spark putputs.

Im sure it could be done but it would require much electrickery.

you would need some sort of sequencer that gets a reference from TDC so it knows where to send each ignition signal.

in short, if you were capable of this you would most likey just install an
aftermarket ecu.

but i do understand the value of keeping the stock ecu.

A small update, I've not been doing allot to the car recently other than driving it.

under 15psi of boost the engine misses, i thought this to be a spark plug issue but i had
the opportunity to drive it on a cold night when the car was also cold,
in these conditions it sustains 15psi boost without missing so i think the problem is heat related.

perhaps i need to reduce the coil dwell time to stop them from getting to hot,
i think this is where the problem is, i will soon try this.

I have made a spark plug selection:

K20TR11 denso
these are a non platinum version of the post 97 2JZGTE plug
and are CHEEEEEP $2.50 from the local toyota dealer, so i bought 16 of them.....

they say normal plugs do about 30Ks so at my current mileage rate of 2000km per year i think these are very cost effective.

IMG_1783.jpg

Ill pull a plug out today and see how it has faired from the quik belt around the block on 15psi

have also found some rims top replace my battered old TSW's
they are at a local wrecker

163978405.jpg

ive yet to purchase these but they are OZ racing Strosek wheel's
17x8.5 and 17x10

I think i will gloss black the center's and re-polish the outers.

i will finally be able to properly fill the enormous rear wheel arches that my supra has...

thats all for now.

Awesome swap Knaps, great craftmanship. How many wires does the megasquirt require for install? 15 or so? I just helped a friend install a mega into a VW and it was extremely easy... just curious if the UZ is similar?

I recently installed a squirt into a Landcruiser i converted to 1UZ, If you remove a tooth off the crank sensor then you can do away with the cam sensor's vastly simplifying the install.

So yea 15 wires or so.

I used a subaru dual channel ignitor to fire the twin dizzy coils which makes things quite simple too.

Do you recommend the Subaru EDIS over the Ford EDIS setup? What wires did you wind up using to make this work?

What kind of redline are you running? Any issues with fuel cutting as far as in boost (ie running lean?)

Im not using the subaru edis, im not even sure subaru have edis.

On the supra i am using two coil packs and two ignitor's from a subaru
and running a wasted spark setup, triggerd by the megasquirt which gets its signal from the 12-1T crank angle sensor wheel.

The landcruiser has the stock coil and dissy setup but i am triggering the coils with a subaru dual channel ignitor.

the only lean issues i encounter are those related to not tuning properly.
the fuel supply system is designed to supply enough fuel for around 650hp

i have 450hp at 7.5 psi and the injectors are only at 62% duty cycle so have plenty of flow in reserve.

I have had spark loss issue (missing) at 15psi boost but i think i have the coils on a larger dwell duty then they need and am overheating them.

will be doing some more testing and tuning once the cruiser sells....

Oh I assumed since it did not use a distributor it was EDIS, lol. Regardless, so you like the setup? I am thinking about doing this for the time being until I figure out a COP setup.

What plug wires did you wind up going with?

there is such a thing called pseudo wasted spark. you have COP but you fire them in pairs if you have a shortage of ignition outputs. I could do that with mine if i found some COP's cheap enough. it would just be a bit of extra wiring and maybe some ignitors.

the ecu outputs would not need to be changed aside from being able to trigger two ignitors.

what ecu were you goin to use??

I'm currently using a stock NA/2JZ power steering pump on my 1UZ swap. it is out of a Lexus SC300, why doesn't the stock 1UZ power steering pump work on this swap??? is it an interference issue?? different lines?

My priorities for this build were exhaust flow and exhaust flow.
the original PS pump was in the way so it got removed,

Have a look in earlier posts and you'll see what I did for a PS pump.