Project Thread MK3 Supra / 1uzfe / Single Turbo Build Thread

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
do those cbr coils actually fit the engine ?

They fit nice and flush... but they are CDI not COP.

Okay so I cut some more collectors.... ran out of SCH10 piping, so thats the next order...

IMG_6386.jpg

IMG_6393.jpg

And this is my entire body harness for the engine bay, into the junction box in the cabin and to the fuse box... I am sure there is a few more I need to add... but that really large and heavy harness is 1/4th of what it used to be.

IMG_6394.jpg

IMG_6395.jpg

And the SC.... still truckin' me along.
IMG_6397.jpg

If you have no seen it yet, I posted this yesterday on youtube. Small video I made for Quantum. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnFn603f3hk

I borrowed my friend's Mclaren alternator to mock up... ordering one of my own soon. Its a 1 wire, 140amp, small alternator... It is the tits.

IMG_6456.jpg
Bracket in the works..

IMG_6457.jpg
IMG_6462.jpg
Seems like it fits...

SERIOUSLY THIS FORUM IS THE HARDEST TO POST A DAMN BUILD THREAD ON. I AM COPY PASTING THIS ON ALL DIFFERENT FORUMS AND THIS IS THE ONLY ONE THAT ONLY ALLOWS 5 PICTURES PER POST. ITS A DAMN BUILD THREAD FFS.

-------------------------------------------
Waiting on my flanges to come in still... but I am using stockers to mock up at least... Mig SS wire is not at all pretty.... luckily its getting tigged for the final steps.
IMG_6463.jpg
IMG_6467.jpg
IMG_6465.jpg
It just grazes the frame rail.... little notching and we are good to go... Its a tight fit to anything turbo related here.

IMG_6469.jpg

Also cut down the stock oil filter piece... going to run lines and relocate it so it will clear the alternator.

Thats all for now... got a bunch of stuff coming in the mail. :)

Made a fuse panel out of an old street sign lol... love these sheets of aluminum. Includes a BlueSea fuse panel, 10 relays and will have 2 circuit breakers.

IMG_6471.jpg

IMG_6484.jpg

MR2 Powersteering pump mounted in front of the wheel behind the bumper...

IMG_6475.jpg

And best of all... Had to buy more SCH10 piping... bought 20ft at a rediculous rate... fit 4x 5ft sections in the SC.

IMG_6490.jpg

I had good luck using the cop coils off the maxima / i30 vq30de engine on my 1uz swaped supra. I am running MS2 and am also boosted, only difference is its supercharged. I got a dozen of the at the local pick and pull for $50 with the harness parts. Simple 3 wire 5v TTL to ground type. They fit the 1uz fairly well and were a easy install. The megasquirt dident even need the high load coil driver transistors for these since they just need a trigger to fire.

Attachments

• 2010-05-06 21.35.52.jpg
    2010-05-06 21.35.52.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 2010-05-06 21.36.44.jpg
    2010-05-06 21.36.44.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 2010-05-06 21.37.10.jpg
    2010-05-06 21.37.10.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 2010-05-11 20.00.33.jpg
    2010-05-11 20.00.33.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 16
Okay you would think more has progressed over the last month... but you would be wrong. Been working on getting the SC in shape (bushings, sway bars, and countless issues)... And then its been a downward spiral on the Supra as well....

I started on the passenger side manifold and after almost completing it, It would have never cleared a 4" downpipe, so I scrapped it and will be redoing it to look like the driver side to give me more clearance....

My girlfriend bought me front/rear bushings for the Supra, so she helped me get the front ones in (truly a keeper :) ). So then I started to work on the rears. However lucky for me almost everything was seized... even down to the handbrake cables to the bracket that holds to the the handle... The rear rotors were falling apart in the vents, rust pitting was so bad I could pick it all apart with a screw driver. This was really dangerous. :( So then I decided to drop the rear subframe for the sake of it all.

Once I got the subframe out, I found out I was missing 2/6 bolts that hold the diff to the subframe... axle to diff nuts were missing... all 4 concentric bolts were seized, toe rod had so much rust on the threads that the nut would come off without spinning the ball joint, plastic sway bar end links were rusted in the allen key area, all 6 diff bushings were seized to the sub frame worse than I have ever seen. It really seems like this was not the original subframe since there is no rust on this entire car except here....

Oh but I did get lucky... it was not cracked like a lot of pre 89 ones are. So after a liberal amount of fire/heat/swearing/hammering/cutting I have the subframe free of all the bullshit attached. Now looking at it, I will be bracing/reinforcing the subframe after I get it blasted free of surface rust and i will be making custom LCA, TRACTION, and TOE arms that use the energy suspension bushings and I have a set of solid bushings for the subframe that will be going in....

Sorry for the novel, but its been a long month.

Pics are good though.

IMG_7330.jpg

IMG_7358.jpg

IMG_7367.jpg

IMG_7372.jpg

I had good luck using the cop coils off the maxima / i30 vq30de engine on my 1uz swaped supra. I am running MS2 and am also boosted, only difference is its supercharged. I got a dozen of the at the local pick and pull for $50 with the harness parts. Simple 3 wire 5v TTL to ground type. They fit the 1uz fairly well and were a easy install. The megasquirt dident even need the high load coil driver transistors for these since they just need a trigger to fire.

Thanks I will look into these!

On the VQ's I thought the front and rear were different sizes, were these the front or the rear?

Started on the passenger side manifold again.... Made some progress, so now it feels like the car has progressed forward! YES!

IMG_7378.jpg

IMG_7382.jpg

It clears the motor mount barely and it should allow me to notched the frame for the 4" DP. Sweet.

So I finished (hopefully) the passenger side. I have it incorporating the T4 flange on it (not welded yet). Plenty of good spots to add bracing to support the turbo. Hopefully it will be fully welded soon :).

IMG_7389.jpg

IMG_7396.jpg

IMG_7397.jpg