Project Thread MK3 Supra / 1uzfe / Single Turbo Build Thread

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

RedPhoenix

I purchased this car last year for next to nothing. Came as an original turbo/auto shell with 90K on it. The body is in really good condition despite being 22 years old.

This car originally was going to be a 1uzfe/W58 daily driver... But after putting it all together, it made sense to not stop there. Soon after the idea of single turbo became apparent.

As the car currently sits, before I tear it apart again:
1uzfe w/ stock ecu
W58
Quantum-Auto manual swap kit
Crown Vic (BBS) Wheels
Tokico Illumina front/blown stock rears - this is how I picked it up as
H&R springs
ABS Delete
JVTR 3 row radiator
unfinished dart-izumi exhaust

And the plans for the next few months include:
Holset HX52 *Billet Compressor Wheel* (single turbo)
Custom SCH10 SS304 Manifolds
4" Exhaust
Blitz Nur Spec Muffler
Tial 44mm Wastegate
Tial 50mm BOV
Megasquirt 3x with fully custom harness
Stitch Weld the entire car
Shave the engine bay a bit
Battery and Fuse Box Relocation
Aeromotive FPR
Walbro 255lph pump
Custom -8AN fuel rails
RX7 460cc injectors
Electric MR2 PS pump
Relocate Alternator to other side, reduce down to only 2 pulleys
R154 or Solstice Tranmission
Feramic 6 puck clutch
Tilton Slave

================

After some hammer action (pre89 issue) to the firewall, subframe, and my brain, I got it to fit perfect. These pics will show a progression from when it went it, cleaning up the wiring and whatnot. And a small video of how it sits right now, before the surgery continues...

CRW_3442.jpg

CRW_3450.jpg

CRW_3434.jpg

CRW_3644.jpg

CRW_3636.jpg

Okay stripped a good portion of the interior today. Im removing the sound deadening and stitch welding it. Drop some weight and make it stiffer, bingo!

Found an AT&T LG phone in the car, any of the past owners (few on this site) want to claim it haha?

Started to take some stuff out of the engine bay...
IMG_5321.jpg

Pile of shit
IMG_5317.jpg

Some stripping...
IMG_5316.jpg

IMG_5315.jpg

IMG_5313.jpg

Okay Finished all the inside stitch welding.

IMG_5471.jpg

IMG_5477.jpg

IMG_5487.jpg

And I love this saying...
IMG_5505.jpg

Anyways, since I am removing the heatercore/evap/all ducting but keeping the blower motor, I ordered 10ft of 2.5" air vent ducting to run some sort of circulation system in the car.... stripped or not, sitting in a car with still air in the summer sucks. Should see that soon.

Alright so I moved the fusebox into the cabin of the car today... I did finish, but the batteries died on the camera... but here is some shots.

IMG_5511.jpg

IMG_5512.jpg

IMG_5518.jpg

IMG_5550.jpg

IMG_5553.jpg

It is pretty cleaned up now and works still.

Okay well pics have been done for a bit, but now back up :). Alright I took a small vacation to give myself a break, but I am back on it. My original goal of a simple 4-1 manifold setup will not work, it just does not clear... oh well, waste of 2ft of SCH10 piping.

So now I made some 2-1 collectors, waiting to weld them, so no pics yet ;).

Busted ass on the MS3, I am ready to install the actually MS3 cpu and the expansion board next.

IMG_6086.jpg

IMG_6089.jpg

IMG_6090.jpg

Okay dropped off some stuff at the shop. Snapped a pic of the collector, ready to be tigged.

0111111142.jpg

And I will try to use these CBR 600 F4i coils on the MS3x.
0111111150a.jpg

Picked up a Volvo 2 wire fast idle valve, should work well and very simple.
IMG_6091.jpg

I cleaned up the engine bay wiring a lot today... pulled more and more out...
IMG_6093.jpg

IMG_6096.jpg

This stuff still needs to be pulled through and cut off
IMG_6097.jpg

IMG_6098.jpg

Looking good. Will be interested to see how the MS3 goesand those coils. Looks like you have assembled it with more components than required. I'm assuming your using the injector drivers on the ms3x board.

I only just got mine running the other day on MS2 with the Maxima throttles you sold me. It actually runs really well on the base tables that are in the firmware with just the ignition and injector setting to suit the 1uz.

regards

Daniel.

Looking good. Will be interested to see how the MS3 goesand those coils. Looks like you have assembled it with more components than required. I'm assuming your using the injector drivers on the ms3x board.

I only just got mine running the other day on MS2 with the Maxima throttles you sold me. It actually runs really well on the base tables that are in the firmware with just the ignition and injector setting to suit the 1uz.

regards

Daniel.

Awesome glad your project is coming along. I am going to try and use these coils but in the back of my mind I dont see it working out that well. If not I will have to source a nice 3 wire setup or just do EDIS.