Michigan 1UZ - MkIII Supra swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hmmm, Seems like the weight should have been more then 60lbs. Scales might not be that accurate..... Never the less, glad to see that everything is going good with the swap......

I think on the old site V8Supra.com, he weighed the 7MGTE when pulled, with some accessories at 440 lbs. The 1UZ he weighed at 370 lbs. Still worth it to me.

After reading this, and Supramania, I have been contemplating a swap. Not in my car I have now. I would have to get another MA70 with low miles, find an SC400 for a decent price and canablize it. 'Cause I am lazy like that.

Keep up the good work, I will be following. Good to see you also CJ.

Looking pretty good Mike.

However, I would be searching for different dyno facility if i were you as they are not very familiar with there software and dyno from the sounds of it.... Dyno's only read torque and then calculate horsepower from it and rpm or speed. It only takes one click of the mouse to print a torque plot...

Should have explained better, this was a portable dyno at an event down in Indianapolis this weekend called Winged Warrior V. Otherwise, I am actually searching for a good facility around here locally which has employees who know what they are doing when it comes to running a dyno and tuning something other than DSMs....

Mike, portable or not, they should have been easily able to print torque values. Either way, glad to see that your looking for a place buy you that knows what they are doing when it comes to dyno's....

Nick, glad to see your still around. The swap is well worth it, you should do it....

After an extensive break the next phase of the project is about to begin. I will be attempting to get a twin turbo setup fabricated and in running condition before August 27th. I have already purchased a MR2 electric power steering pump and related computer/driver/electrical bits that go with it. I have five of eight green top Supra injectors coming in the mail and as soon as I get over eight here, I'll be sending them in for blueprinting. Two CT26s should be in the mail today or tomorrow as well.

In another couple of weeks I'll be getting a Megasquirt 3 w/3.57 board and the expansion board. Then I'll be sourcing some more AN fittings and lines, twin inlet/single outlet intercooler, and looking for a welder to do some exhaust and intake welding. Pictures will start flowing again as I start into it.

The picture album linked above has been updated several times over the past few weeks as we've reached some milestones.

The radiator has now been test fitted after moving it forward 3-3.5" and creating new bottom mounts for it.

The intercooler has been test fitted after mounts were fabbed and welded in place. Bumper was fitted to check for clearance. At some point I may decide to install a Turbo A duct replica to get some more airflow to it.

The MR2 electric power steering pump has been mounted after creating a small frame for it. Visited the hydraulic shop yesterday and they're creating the new line for me and trimming down and refitting the high pressure line with a new fitting. Should be ready between tomorrow and Friday while I work on relocating the reservoir plumbing it in too then on to wiring.

Exhaust manifolds were hacked off and the flanges split. The flanges and bell mounts will be reused in a log style manifold which should get started some time this week.

The oil pan still needs to be dropped and taken to the welder to have the -10AN weld bungs welded on. Not looking forward to this since it is the secondary pan that needs to be dropped and then both pans need to be cleaned and resealed.

The Megasquirt3 kit, MS3X board and Innovate WB items all arrived. Looking forward to doing some soldering very soon!

Still need to order the Tial bov and wastegates plus their flanges and probably some more bends while I'm at it to start routing the intercooler inlets and outlet. A bit more shaving will need to be done to fit the 3" piping for the IC outlet through the original hole in the fender area in order to route it to the intake.

Exhaust from the turbos back still needs to be fabbed as well plus most of the -4, -6, and -10 lines.

Still hoping for an August 27th debut but I feel time slipping away more quickly every day as I look at the stuff that still needs to be completed.

Nice work mate, this should come out well.

Where did you mount the PS pump? I was going to put my alternator where the AC compressor usually sits and drop the ps pump down. I was recently tossing up whether to leave out PS all together and leave the alt for simplicity, but forgot about the mr2 pump. How big is it?

Also how have you found your solid mounts?

Nice work mate, this should come out well.

Where did you mount the PS pump? I was going to put my alternator where the AC compressor usually sits and drop the ps pump down. I was recently tossing up whether to leave out PS all together and leave the alt for simplicity, but forgot about the mr2 pump. How big is it?

Also how have you found your solid mounts?

The MR2 2nd gen electric pump is larger than I thought it would be but this will not be an issue where I've mounted it. I think the MR2 3rd gen (Spyder here in the States) electric pump may be smaller and the reservoir is mounted right on top of it but I was not aware of it when I picked up the 2nd gen pump.

I'm torn where to put the alternator at the moment. It'll be a last minute decision once all of the pumping is done and I now for sure how much room I have left on each side of the engine.

Here is a pic of the PS pump semi-mounted. I've already finished building up the framework for the mount but have not shot a new picture of it.

Attachments

• mr2pump.jpg
    mr2pump.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 4