Standalone ECU Megasquirt

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Looking at MegaSquirt II, the only thing I see lacking is the single ignition output. I wonder if they can do two outputs. They are working on a "router" board which will do fully sequential injection and ignition for 8 cylinders.

One other thing that really caught my eye was another board they are working on, a general purpose IO board (GPIO). You add this to a MegaSquirt II via the CAN (controller area network). Features are:
--------------------------------------------------------
Inputs:
- 5 general purpose inputs, which can have voltage or resistance input, depending on build-time options (based on the V3 sensor input circuits), these can also be used for software debounced on/off switches,
- 4 VR inputs (based on the EasyVR schematic), for things like transmission controller, vehicle speed indications, or traction control,
- 4 EGT circuits (using AD595 chips), for independent exhaust gas temperature measurements.

Outputs:
- 4 general purpose outputs (which have user selected 5V or 12V pull-ups, flyback, and LED capabilities),
- 4 PWM outputs (based on the uprated V3 FIdle circuit with the TIP120),
- 4 high current circuits, using the VB921.
-----------------------------------------------------------

The nice thing about MegaSquirt II is that it has a CAN (controller area network), so many of these ECUs, whether they be the MegaSquirt II, the Router, or the GPIO, can be networked together and communicate to each other (granted, code must be -written- to do this). This offers great expansion (up to 15 boards on one CAN). So, if you needed auto transmission control, you add a GPIO board. You want to experiment with traction control, you add another GPIO board. You want VVTI control, add another GPIO.