maximum rpm on 1UZ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
It's funny how an accepted expression in one country doesn't make the journey across interntional borders!

I should have said like a pig. Bad idle, no power until 4,000rpm drinks fuel and generally drive you nuts when you don't want to "drive" it but rather just go somewhere.

Personally I couldn't live with a 3,000rpm stally. I like my car so I can idle through the local shopping centre (mall) carpark and not scare the death out of the shoppers. Then when I want it to get up and go, just poke the right hand pedal.

I don't believe were falling into any trap, its just what we prefer, just as you prefer a more useable powerband. We're not out to break any records or brag about hp numbers. A huge powerband isn't what we're looking for. Top end, high horsepower is the goal. A 6,500 redline may not even allow for full boost with the turbos we'll be running, so any additional rpm will be quite useful. I doubt anything as high as 12,000, but maybe 8,500 or 9000.
The car wont be a "daily driver," but more of a car meant for scaring the hell out of people.

Attachments

• DSCN0016.JPG
    DSCN0016.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN0015.JPG
    DSCN0015.JPG
    276.4 KB · Views: 56
I guess that's where we differ,

I want 550-600 daily driver horsepower.

I have other toys for the odd weekend thrash that are much more satisfying the drive.

hey jdm, im kinda near you- im in chicago Il.-.. and your getting me kinda curious about what exactly are you putting together? you know there are not that many lexus turbo v8s around.. sounds like your putting together a serious street car.. how far are you along, or is it just in planning stage?

R-jay,

Not money bags. Just old.

I've got a minimum of 25 years on you so I've had more time to accumulate more toys. Both our Rover and Porsche have been with us a minimum of 11 years. The Porsche my wife purchased the day before she turned 21! And before we married.

It also means I'm too old to really enjoy some of the toys I have as at my age I've lost my edge.

That's why I gave up motorsport 10 years ago.

Zuffen said:
I guess that's where we differ,

I want 550-600 daily driver horsepower.

I have other toys for the odd weekend thrash that are much more satisfying the drive.

Same goes for me. I have done the high, but mostly unusable HP game, and I am done with it. It sucks when econocars can jump you off the line unless you tack up the engine to 5000 rpm :( And driving like that most of the time is just annoying after a while.

I'd rather have lower HP, but a much broader power band, like 2500-7000 rpm. That's why I am going for a twin screw charger this time. I'm not even sure if I will need cams for the 1UZvvti. If I absolutely -must- have insane power levels, then I'll compound charge, adding twin turbos, but I honestly don't see how I could use more than what the supercharger could provide on the streeet (~600 rwhp) anyway.

Chrisman, the motor is going into an A70 Supra. Its been stripped down, has a 10 point cage and two carbon bucket seats. Battery and fuel cell are in the back hatch. Right now were building a completely new dash (similar to JGTC cars), and then the interior will be complete. It weighs just under 3,000 lbs.

The motors up next. So far all we've done is reworked the front colloant bar to allow more room for a front facing intake manifold. As soon as the motor is back in the car, we'll make up manifolds and mount the turbos, and then take it all out again and build up the motor.

very cool, maybee well meet up at the grove this year..i dont know if you go to the grove, but if you do, mention it..maybe we can get a few 1uz cars there at the same time..

So that means the rod length to stroke ratio is 1.96:1. Wow. Definately a candidate for high RPM. The ideal Rod Length to Stroke Ratio is 2:1. Piston speed and side loading is extremely low. The piston spends most of its time at TDC making camshaft timing all the more critical. I would be very careful with head / port and intake modifications. They REALLY did their homework on this one.

Really hate to bump a zombie thread but is the 1uz Rod to stroke really 1.96:1? that would be higher than the Honda B16 and S2000 engine

Really hate to bump a zombie thread but is the 1uz Rod to stroke really 1.96:1? that would be higher than the Honda B16 and S2000 engine
I have read 1.77 Rod Ratio. I think you have read somewhere where the rod length or stroke were altered. I divided the rod ratio myself and I came up with 1.78. So I would say somewhere between 1.77-1.78

F20C = 1.82

B-16 = 1.745

Last edited:
th_1uzrev.jpg

Daft Innovation's Toyota Crown 1UZ-FE stock engine with LSx management revving at about 8,000rpm. It's been driven for a year and was also used as a drift truck where it was constantly revved against the limiter. No problems as of yet.

I am thinking of extrude honing the intake on a 1uz, porting the heads and seeing how much and how high the factory cam can make power. Really would be nice to get power up to mid 7k