Matts Surf

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
If I was going to go that far I would make some new covers, but I haven't seen any that look better then the originals.

I got the trac cut off and the throttle body polished this weekend, I just need to get a 3/4 fitting to run the hose to the IAC, and get the back hole welded.

tb1.jpg

Thanks mate, I didn't think about that, I might try and run it under the plastic cover, and then run it to the back of the t/b through the wiring harness.

I have just got back from 3 weeks holidays, waiting for my gauges to turn up so I can do the wiring loom.

I have been playing around with the layout in photoshop, any thoughts on this?

gauges.jpg

I personally like to put the V6 4runner cluster in as aside from the 180kph speedo it looks stock (well and the tacho goes upto the right numbers, you get the right "Check engine lamp" etc), Yet I have been considering a Tundra cluster..

But mine just looks like any old Surf and I plan to keep it that way. Why? Coz the "WTF?" looks are worth all of the effort to put the donk in and make it work. Nobody knows what the hell is in it and when the cops pull you and look under the lid it says "Toyota" and there is no "bling"

I had considered a v6 cluster, but I like things to look a bit different then standard. I am going to fit the gauges into the original cluster, and use all of the original warning lights, the idea is to make it look like it may have come from the factory that way, instead of sticking them on a bit of checker plate.

Also the gauges are a lot more accurate the the factory ones, and the GPS speedo will stay accurate when I start changing ratios.

The outside of the car is going to look stock, there will be no big lift or 33" tyres.