Manual conversions - what gearboxes?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

300bhp/ton

Hi,

I know this has been covered. And I've done some searching first. But quite keen for some help on this.

I've just purchased a 1UZ-FE to fit as an engine swap into another car.

I need a gearbox/transmission to go with it.

I'm not planning on running big power, mostly stock with just a good exhaust (no cats) and a custom induction setup. The car will weigh around 1400-1500kg.

The only other things to consider:

-I'm in the UK, so stuff I can find and source here with ease would be a real preference.

-I need to be able to get hold of all of the bits to make this work. Bellhousing and anything else I'll need.

Thanks.

W58 should be fine.
as far as sourcing bellhousings/adaptors in europe I dunno.
I can send them from here in the states, but it's kinda cost prohibitive.

As far as I know only Thor Racing sell adaptors in the UK and thats for the R154 box. Lovely bit of kit , I have one joining my engine and box together but very expensive!

As said a W58 will be fine which can be found in Hilux utes, Bellhousing kit go on ebay and look up KSracing (he's in Thailand) as he does some nice kit for good prices

mkii and mkiii supra
and even after shipping I think I could probably beat thor's prices, but ks racing's setup is definately a good price, and in europe and asia you won't have issues finding replacement parts like here in the states.
if you have a ks bellhousing here in the states, good luck finding a replacement clutch....

those plans suck. some of the holes are as far as .o15" off.
It's ironic the pic that's used in that ad is my friend randy's first adaptor plate that he scrapped because of alignment issues.

those plans suck. some of the holes are as far as .o15" off.
It's ironic the pic that's used in that ad is my friend randy's first adaptor plate that he scrapped because of alignment issues.

I ran one when I first did my conversion, was more trouble than it was worth and now probably under 20 feet of rubbish at the local dump. Tried Dellows/CRS and now use the KSracing Bellhousings as the service is pretty good and no clutch issues at all

if you're anyplace but the usa the ks racing kit appears to be the best value. Unfortunately despite what they might tell you, there's no replacement clutch available in the usa for their kit, and importing them is very cost prohibitive. I looked into importing a bunch of their kits untill I figured out that I couldn't find the clutch disc or pressure plate anywhere in the US.

if you're anyplace but the usa the ks racing kit appears to be the best value. Unfortunately despite what they might tell you, there's no replacement clutch available in the usa for their kit, and importing them is very cost prohibitive. I looked into importing a bunch of their kits untill I figured out that I couldn't find the clutch disc or pressure plate anywhere in the US.

I only use his bellhousings not the whole kit. For a flywheel I've been using either the Dellows offering (which is then redrilled to take a Hilux clutch) or depending on what the client wants Modified 3SG-TE (which still takes the Hilux Clutch) or the Extreme Performance flywheel, For the latter we use an R32 or D40 Navara Pressure plate with Landcruiser disc and release bearing. This keeps parts replacement further down the track a simple matter of over the counter items available anywhere and gives a nice reliable factory feel and operation to it

Just a couple of left field ideas.
I live in Ireland and recently saw a Capri with 1uz for sale that had the ford type 9 adapted to fit but personally don't think that this box is up to the power.
If you search the site you will find an old thread (pics gone) sierra 4x4 conversion, so a Ford MT 75 may be an option with a little work in 2wd form.

I would have though people state side would use the Tremec range of gear box's...
Either the T5/6 or tuff as nails TKO600 ....
From G/M, Ford's ???