making my order soon

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
The best swap IMO is the 2uz block swap. If you have an early uz, you can source a non vvti 2uz block and literally just swap everything over. The 1uz accessories, heads, manifold and exhaust all bolt up. The 1UZ, 2UZ and 3UZ all have the exact same casting from the factory w/ exception to the cylinder bores. I would reccomend a custom set of pistons to keep the compression at/near stock (my milled 2uz pistons dropped from 10:1 to 8.8:1).

For years now I have been welding up the tip of the valves to take up the different base circles that we get by regrinding cam profiles.
I am rather amazed that no one has brought this up before. Some of our Alfa Romeo motors are spinning up to 8000 rpm with welded tip valves and shims, no probs.
I have just had my Lexus valves done and have used all the old shims in bucket and simply got the clearances right by grinding the tip .

Heads flow bette yes, but they wont bolt on w/o modifiction. Frankly its been discussed a few times but nobody has actually tried it. The problem is the vvti actuators, they need an a single oil feed from the block, to each head. The non-vvti does not have these ports in its block to maake it work.

I think it might be possible to block the passages off the heads and run it w/o the vvti, and then you'd get the increased head flow. Also, you wont be able to use the old 1uz intake with the new heads but who cares, the vvti manifold flows much more. Are you planning a tune or oem ecu?

I have built a 2uz "hybrid" with a 2uz block, crank and modified pistons with everything else 1uz. It worked fine but I had to mill the stock "rounded dome" 2uz pistons down to accept the non curved 1uz heads. Its doable

Well I have a stock 1st gen 1uz in my sc400 with a single .70 turbo.. running AEM fic8.. and are there any non vvti 2uz models? I wouldn't mind not having vvti tho I just want a bit better flow till I save for cams and porting bit Since my HG blew I'm Going mls and arp10mm studs.. and thought it to be a good time to look for an upgrade.. do they flow a great deal more? How much hp difference are we looking at? Oh btw its mated to a T45 5spd

Carlos, My suggestion here ? Skip on the 10mm bolt/stud set and go for a 12mm setup .
Its what I have done on my setup here..

+1 :D

For years now I have been welding up the tip of the valves to take up the different base circles that we get by regrinding cam profiles.
I am rather amazed that no one has brought this up before. Some of our Alfa Romeo motors are spinning up to 8000 rpm with welded tip valves and shims, no probs.
I have just had my Lexus valves done and have used all the old shims in bucket and simply got the clearances right by grinding the tip .

Kriss, how do you harden the tips after welding? I'd think a plain welded tip would be too soft to last very long?

John, we use Stellite rods, TIG welded..Never had a problem with cracking, mushrooming or breakages..
Im pulling my heads apart again to flow test them in the new year..Ill take a pic and post for you..

Love the Ferrari btw....:D

Interesting..... that could be a real money saver compared to reshimming all the valves when running smaller base circles.

You keep the same keeper grooves don't you?

If your chasing more cfm, the oversized valve set will help, and will also take care of the cams' shimming problem at the same time.

2UZ non-vvti is a bit harder to find because it was produced for only a couple years but they are out there. Ask lex, he has some resources for used blocks.

Interesting..... that could be a real money saver compared to reshimming all the valves when running smaller base circles.

You keep the same keeper grooves don't you?

Absolutely, same cotters grooves..Talking of which, how reliable is the Lexus retainer assy. on a performance engine ?? 7500 rpm type of performance ?? Oh, using uprated springs of course..

Carlos, My suggestion here ? Skip on the 10mm bolt/stud set and go for a 12mm setup .
Its what I have done on my setup here..

Bro I didnt even know they offered those.. the only studs I've seen are here on lextreme and my budget barely allowed my to buy the 10mm studs.. oh and have you noticed the price difference between the 10mm and 7/16 stud?? Why Is the bigger one cheaper?