Making a new Y pipe

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

redsx

I want to build a new Y pipe for my crown motor, but unclear as how an original lexus Y pipe is constructed to give it good flow. I am going to use the original crown headers despite their bad design at this stage, having to move oil filters etc to clear rush headers maybe over kill for the increase in performance gained. I plan to use 2" mandrel bent pipe for the system with the 2.5" Y pipe section just behind the auto.There are no cats in the system I can't remember if the crown actually had one but I guess it would have been installed further down the system after the pipes merge. So I guess I am asking is there a particular angle that the Y pipe needs to come together or way it is constructed. Has PBrady done a follow up on his investigations into building a better Y pipe. thanks for any advice.

That's about what I'm going to do with my system. 2" into 2.5" right behind the tranny. I've ordered Magnaflow Y-pipes though and going to get the shop to cut and weld mandrel bends onto the 2" entries.

Go to toyodiy.com and search for exhaust parts to get an idea of the original design, or find an old original one somewhere to have a close look at.

Sorry not to get back sooner the crown motor has log manifolds that have small flanges that mount a small pipe smaller than 2" by eye that is covered in casing to restrict heat. one side crosses over under flywheel and sump where it joins the other bank pipe than into a flattened wide pipe for 12" or so into a single cat. It continues as a single system running through a box resonator and then a another rectangular box muffler at rear will try to post photos of pipe and Toyota parts diag if that helps but only have shopping centre internet at present.