MAF Repairable or a bin job.....

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Tonyd

Guys,

Playing with the Lexus engined Cobra No 1 yesterday and it was finding it difficult to hold an idle, I was even forced to increase the idle speed via the throttle stop stop screw.

I then remembered the advice given on the forum re rough running. ie disconnect the MAF sensor and if it runs better, there's the problem.

I disconnected the MAF, and it indeed did run better. I put on a replacement MAF donated by Cobra no2 and the the engine was once again on top song.

Question is, is there any way of repairing/ reconditioning an MAF? Or is it just a throwaway part when it goes wrong? The original BTW may have been damaged by an earlier backfire some time ago.

Cheers,

Tony

I believe the sensor section is available as a spare part but I wouldn't like to think what Mr Lexus would charge for it.

It would be cheaper to go a full aftermarket ECU or at least an interceptor to replace it with a MAP unit.

Thanks guys,

Looks like the MAF will be the first part I rob off the snotter LS400 runabout we have when we finally break it for parts.

Cheers,

Tony