MA61 with 1GZ-Fe swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
OK tech heads, is the air volume of a plenum that is upstream or above the TB's that relevant, other than not being too small or restrictive?

Last exhaust pic, because I have it.

Supragarage199.jpg

Exhaust looks sweet.

and yes, the intake volume pre TB is relevant and can be tuned to deliver gains in torque. The gains are smaller but testing isn't as tricky so worth a few dyno pulls to test....just get some flexible tubing a play with lengths :)

Crambo, I have just received my engine, minus starter motor. Do you know what model starter suits this engine or would it be possible to get some numbers of the starter on you're engine. Any help would be much appreciated.

I read on a thread by the guy building a Woody that is was something like the same as the 1HZ starter motor. Which if it is would be quite lucky as they are very common.

They came on Diesel landcruisers from 1990-2005ish.

Looks hor HZJ75, HZJ80, HZJ105, HZJ78, HZJ79 etc. 75, 78, 79, 80 and 100 series.

ANDY R, TOYOdiy.com is good, can even check with other models for interchanging parts, my local Toyota dealer uses it instead of the EPC.

Well they used Landcruiser oil filters so maybe starters too :)

28100-32010
22800-6361
11905 this one, the 9, I can't be sure of, all these are on my starter.

Got my pussy fly/clutch the other day
2 x 9" sprung center organic plates, chromoly fly, T56 splines total mass 16.5kg.

I got 4 more throttle bodies, you know, 12 is just not enough!!!

Nope... I dont reckon... I reckon I mixed that up! :( Sorry for the false start guys, I would say I saw oil filter and thought wrong when I saw the question. Diesel starter would have to be totally different to petrol.

I got a spare 1UZ starter here (works but would rebuild as they are a bit of a pain in the ass to change)

Just a little update, finally finished welding inside the cabin, so I can start putting the innards back in.

Clutch pics, if a higher rating is required, other plates such as carbon are available.

A small update just to show you I'm still tinkering.
Most of the engine bay wiring is done, next is to refit fan/heater/ac so the ecus can be fitted in the glove compartment (and how appropriate as there will only be space left for a pair of gloves)

The challenge has always been space to fit stuff. The main engine loom is more than 7 times the size of the original so a new entry point in the fire wall was made and more stuff had to be relocated.

The engine is out now to fit a longer input shaft to the box and a new alloy adapter plate being made by Alloy Race Components.
Despite the shiny appearance the engine needs more bling & buffing, but that can wait till the bugs are sorted then ITB's

This thread has almost no pics of the car, I now have my cnc bell adaptor plate at last.
I have been into the bodywork while waiting but I thought I would continue with the flares and front.

Supragarage009-1.jpg

Supragarage012-1.jpg

Supragarage011-1.jpg

Got some house mods to finish, then I will be right back onto it.

Looking at making a start on the ITB's manifold,
purely for therapeutic reasons i.e. raise enthusiasm.