MA61 with 1GZ-Fe swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I think if anything the 1GZ V12 might be more like 2 2VZ-FE 2.5L V6 engines put together.

Yes the bore and stroke are not similar, but obviously toyota would have altered these to create the HP and TQ charactersitics they wanted from the very specific-use Century V12.

The only other possible relation I can see might be to the 1G-GE/1G-FE. These engines had relatively small bore spacing in order to keep overall length short, and I could suspect Toyota also wanted to not make a very long V12. I have read elsewhere that the motor is not much longer than a 1UZ, so that would make sense.

Also because the engine was built more for torque and smoothness, it would make sense to have more potential for stroke than having room for bigger bore.

How bout the owner just give the center-to-center measurement from 2 of the spark plug holes and we will have a bore-spacing to reference.

The problem with this is routing the exhaust for the head closest to the US drivers side of the engine, so basically it's not feasible

but we're not talking about a UZ V8 vs a 6 pot head - we're talking a GZ V12 head and 2x 6 pot heads.

the 7AFE is a 4 cylinder and the 4AGE is a 4 cylinder from two totally different families of engine (even the bock heights are different) - yet the only thing needed to make the two come together is a 4AGE timing belt and crank pulley with 2mm machined off the idler pulley to let the belt fit.

why can we not look at fitting any JZ series 6cyl head to the V12 GZ? no doubt in my mind you will need a custom length belt made up to drive the cams along with a custom inlet manifold - but that may be a small price to pay for someone who can only source a block.

if someone can post up a photo of a GZ head gasket and a JZ series head (both 1JZ and 2JZ) then we will be able to determine for sure.

Again,

How are you going to route the exhaust on the head that is closest to the US drivers side of the car, if you use any inline 6? It's not feasible

Cylinder bore size and compression effects are the one of the biggest problems with using a 1JZ or a 1G head.

The 1G has a 75MM bore chances are, using this head on the 81MM bore 1GZ will cause a drastic increase in compression not to mention, I hightly doubt that the bore spacing is even close.

The 1JZ has a 86MM bore and chance are, using this head on the 81MM 1GZ bore wil cause a drastic drop in compression which could be good for forced induction, but using this setup will also cause a substaintial lose of quench area which will increase the likely hood of detonation and will lower performance possibility. This again is barring whether or not the bore spacing is the same which again, I hightly doubt, especially cause toyota usually attempts to have pretty thick walls between cylinders on thier turbo engines and the JZ and its 86mm bore and intended as to have a turbo will most likely be longer...

One thing Im surprised that was not mentioned with the 1jz or 1g swap possibilities is a 7M head. Out of all the I6 Toyota engines, this would be the closest one with the 7M engine having an 83mm bore so the spacing might be a lot closer (or possibly the same)... These heads are readily avalible and cheap (at least here in the states) but I still dont see this being a swap worth the effort or cost.

Yes I'm still alive, project is moving along a bit more.
Manifolds being built for stock throttles ATM, when they are complete I'll put up pics.

Opened up the spare engine looking to see how hard to do itb's for after the car is road legal.
Supragarage140.jpg

Been doing a lot stuff but not a much on the car, getting some stuff sent over from Japan.
No, I'm not likely to buy another and they have been coming up on the auctions.
I do have 2 x MA61 and I do have 2 x 1GZ and I do have 2 x T56 but I ain't gunna have 2 x GZA61's (hmmm, it would be easy the second time round).

AFAIK they are still being built and I have been told by an importer there is a new version of the engine, still 5 litre but with VVTi on both inlet and exhaust cams.

I have parts on order in Japan, they do not have bell housings in stock so Toyota is making one and can be picked up (in Japan) on 9/10/2009, that's under 10 days from order!

Used wiring and engine books plus other new engine parts are coming, I'm just going to have to learn to read Japanese :(

The bell housing is for a new clutch set up just being developed, to fit the T56 to the UZ V8 auto bell, using an alloy fly.
Much less weight than what I have been working on and give me more clearance for - everything :)

It is a just a play thing so it happens when it happens, should see bell housing and other bits about 20th oct.

One new Alloy fly/clutch kit for T56/Toyota auto bell is under test ATM, I'll buy one as soon as I hear good results.

Inlet manifolds are 80% constructed.

The current plan is to have it running end of year then on the road next year (or when it happen, sometimes life gets in the way).

Take your time dude, everyone needs a life. But like the saying "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," begging for updates is just everyone loving the project... :):D

Both my engines are '97 and have vvti on the intake only.
I'm told there is a new one with vvti on intake & exhaust, this has to be confirmed.

This time of year is crazy for me but the upside is I get to earn more car money - but progress is slow.
I do have my bell and manuals from Japan.

Supragarage147.jpg

Sweet fit! Looks like Toyota intended it that way.

Got enough room for the big radiator & fans?

Really glad to see this happening, and I am sooooo envious :)