M122 Northstar Supercharger Adapter

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

revision

Hey guys,

Was doing the usual window shopping on Ebay and found these gems for a ridiculous price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GM-EAT...24&brand=Eaton&_trksid=p2334524.c100667.m2042

It's a brand new M122 Eaton supercharger for the Northstar engine...

Anyhow, I'm almost positive no one has adapted one to the UZ but they have with the BMW V8 - which is very similar.

---

I bought one myself because I couldn't not do it at that price. Second question is... how difficult do you think the fabrication would be?

Did you read down to a review from one of the buyers?

by coloradodatsunnutsMar 30, 2020
Great for Northstar only.
Great if you have a NorthStar. If you are planning to adapt to another car it will not fit. The manifold, runners and supercharger are one casting.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New | Sold by: youngauctioneer

Well, after looking at it, I found two ways to actually do this.

1) Remove the aftercooler and flip the supercharger, mill off the intake runners.

Or

2) Mill the runners on the unit, mill the center of a stock intake manifold... then weld them together and report the runners.

I'll post more about this once I get going.

Cheap blower, expensive to adapt unless you have the skills and tools. Being someone familiar with these sorts of modifications, I would not be doing a lot of milling and welding the charger body as you will warp the blower housing. Have you considered just making a box that will fit between the blower and lower UZ manifold. Assuming height is not a limitation.

Cheap blower, expensive to adapt unless you have the skills and tools. Being someone familiar with these sorts of modifications, I would not be doing a lot of milling and welding the charger body as you will warp the blower housing. Have you considered just making a box that will fit between the blower and lower UZ manifold. Assuming height is not a limitation.

The motor will be getting swapped into an RX8, however, having a blower sticking out just a tad would actually be quite cool.

Was not aware that proper milling would distort the charger housing - but I see how that can happen since its a single cast unit.

I think that making a box should be the easiest way to do so but I would really prefer to somehow merge the 3UZ intake manifold with the runners on the blower box.

Here is a thread of someone taking it apart completely and repurposing it for another car. Do you see any other possible ways to do this?

Nice find on the blower. I agree it is an amazing price also includes intercooler. If you can 3D model an adapter then it could be CNCd. I'd buy one for sure if someone made it for 2uz. I would think one could just design an intermediary piece that would match up the ports between the heads and the SC without having to mill or weld