M112 Supercharger Fitment

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Did anybody stop to think that deleting your EGR might not be the best thing? The EGR valve is designed to control combustion chamber temperatures... If that is taken out you are running a lot higher temperatures thus making your cooling system have to work harder, as well as it will break down your oil faster... engine won't last more than a couple years or so.

stilltippin, from your profile you're evidently a mechanic by trade, so in the real world, how many EGR system problems have you had to sort out? How many hoses have split, actuators and valves stuck, and other malfunctions have you seen? All these problems are fairly endemic, and the best solution (for many of us) is to simply bypass the system. Personally, I think this bypass does less damage to these engines than a malfunctioning EGR system does. Too, on the Supra's 2JZ motor, the EGR dumps into the intake manifold just next to the #6 port, and it has long been suspected to be the cause of that cylinder running leaner than the others.

Since Toyota didn't have to implement EGR on their JDM motors, nor I think the European ones until recently, it may not have been one of their "best" designed systems.

David,

Tells us more about the spider injector system. I cannot recall you mentioning it before. Maybe I just missed it.

Is it for meth/water injection or gasoline? Where did you get it? Basics of the system; distribution manifold, port tubes, port injectors, main metering injector(s), control?

I always thought the GM Vortec injection system would make a very good secondary system. This looks similar in concept but without more details hard to guess about.

From the picture I cannot see anything on each tube end. Correct? Coiled sections for equal length? Why? Center is obviously distribution hub... fed from beneath I am sure but in what manner?

injection%20005.jpg

David,

Tells us more about the spider injector system. I cannot recall you mentioning it before. Maybe I just missed it.
Yes you missed it. I planned this out few months back. From concept to reality is coming realy soon.

Is it for meth/water injection or gasoline? Where did you get it? Basics of the system; distribution manifold, port tubes, port injectors, main metering injector(s), control?
This is for fuel injection. This system acts as a secondary fuel supply for the supercharger. I will be running stock injectors and ONE 1600 cc injector under the manifold with a Split Second extra injector controller. The nozzles are all equal length so the distribution of fuel will be equal in time wise. The extra injector fuel is supplied by tapping the fuel rail.

From the picture I cannot see anything on each tube end. Correct? Coiled sections for equal length? Why? Center is obviously distribution hub... fed from beneath I am sure but in what manner?
Each nozzle is pointed to the intake port for direct injection. I have to take some pictures to demonstrate this setup.

Dave have you tested the flow balance of the system? Without a calibrated restriction at each point of discharge there will probably be significant variation.

Some updates. I finished the TB and everything looking good. I also played about with ISC and the adaptation of it. Here are some pictures:

TB%20001.jpg
TB%20005.jpg
TB%20009.jpg
TB%20010.jpg
TB%20011.jpg

You're quick, David...Can it run within 2 months? A SC470 with 12 psi of the M112 can surely hang with the Z06. :firedevil: Your 4.7L motor will make a lot of power more than the 4.0L motor, given the same psi.

This Thursday Markstoy is coming over to my place to help me weld some bungs on the M112 for mounting. I think this is the last major step for this project.

David,
How long before you are ready to sell me the 4.7 and this setup?:silly:

Just kidding, I wish! You are seriusly going to have to hook me up with a 4.7 w/forged internals!

Scott,

Not a problem... For you.... Wholesale price....LOL... :) The 4.7L with M112 will be a crazy ride. I think you can compete with 2003-2008 Mustang Cobras any day. With good heads man I just can not imagine.

Cobber if you want a bugcatcher type setup use the MP112 from the Ford Lightning.

Andrew has a new one he can supply.

I wouldn't try welding the charger to the plate. The clearences in the unit are too critical to risk the distortion.

I'd be inclined to bolt a plate to the top plate of the manifold so the lugs on the charger could be used.

It would increase the whole units height by no more than 10mm.

Guys,

I install the charger back into the engine after Markstoy helped me well the bungs. The bungs were welded but we havent had a chance to clean up the weld marks yet. So it doesnt look that presentable. This is 95% done even with proper sized belt in place. The belt looks little loose is because the alternator is not fully mounted. Otherwise it fits perfectly. Here are some pictures below. However, due to multiple projects I need to sell this setup. http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9894

Here are some pictures.

Yo Lex, That M112 sure looks mighty sexy on top of that 1uz i might might say so my self. I wan not wait to hear that thing whine like the rest of those blown v8s!