M10x1.25 x 35mm Flywheel bolt source?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Doug68

Hi All,

Anyone know where I can source flywheel bolts to the spec in the title?

Looking at the ARP catalogue I can't see such a thing.

Thanks,

The 4AGE bolts are 26.7mm long which I don't think is long enough.

The stock bolts are 25mm long so going through the flex plate and backing ring that leaves ~20mm of thread engagment (I dont have exact numbers to hand).
The flywheel I'm getting made is 12mm thick at the bolt face and the bolts still need to go through the flex plate, hence I need 35mm bolts to maintain ~20mm of thread engagment.

Thanks,

I used bolts from the 100 series crusier as they have a manula trans option.I tried using ARP bolts but now one could get me any in the length/diameter i needed.

These guys will have metric fine bolts on the shelf.

West coast fastners

4/13 Gibberd Rd
Balcatta, WA 6021
Mon-Sat 8:00am- 5:00pm
Tel: (08) 9240-2750
Fax: (08) 9240-2973

been here, done this, same problem

i bought a set of 4age ARP bolts on the hope that i could convince myself the amount of thread engagement would be ok - it isnt... now for sale if anyone wants some! lol

(bolt details thread:
http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34103

some drams i had with ring gear clearance:
http://www.v-eight.com/tech_forum/v...st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=flywheel+bolts&start=390

tilton_flywheel_0010.jpg

nor will you find anything in the ARP catalogue to fit as required...

instead, i went with a std 12.9grade socket head cap screw in the right size (basically grade 12.9 = 176,900 psi... is equiv to arp std 180,000psi grade hi tensile bolt) just not quite as sexy looking. i used hardened washed seated into the alloy face of the f/w as well

I tried to use 10.8 grade hex head bolts as the cap screws were to narrow under the head.Do use 10.8 grade they just stretched and would not tighten to even 80 nm.

Flex plate to Torque Converter bolts are M9 x 12mm

Thanks all that's useful information.

http://euler9.tripod.com/bolt-database/22.html

I had a similar problem, if you have an auto tran and swap to a manual, hang onto the 6 little bolts as they are hard to get and other members may run into the difficulty I did. The Flex plate to Torque Converter bolts are M9 x 12mm (approx) to stop you putting the wrong bolts in there and are tricky to source. It's interesting that the article on bolts you linked to Doug said 'avoid' using this size as they are not very common.

I did get some btw, thanks to Neil at Rush imports - cheers.

the flywheel bolts out of a 3rz are the ones you are looking for m10X1.25 and from under the bolt head are 33mm long. these are what i am using in my 1uz man conversion. stumbled over it whilst fitting it into where the 3rz hilux came from

Thanks for the pointer on the 3RZ bolts, I've tracked down some.
As said above they are 33mm long under the head with 12 point heads and the OD of the head flange is 21.2mm

The Toyota part number for them is: 90910-02116 they were A$4.77 ea. +GST

I asked the service guy what these were torqued to normally, the answer was 256nm (189ft-lb) plus another 90 degrees of turn.

thats gotta be complete BS - for a 10mm bolt GTFO

You are correct more searching on the web revealed this.
Look at point 32 on page 7 basically the service guy didn't read it right missed the "." so got 10x wrong. eek!

Having said that 26.5 N·m (270 kgf·cm, 19 ft·lbf) seems too light to me. And i'd be more inclined to go for the 2RZ Torque: 88 N·m (900 kgf·cm, 65 ft·lbf).

Ive just bought some 3RZ bolts for my alloy flywheel.

On the thread of the bolt there is an orange compound... i gather its a locking compound of some sort?
Any prep needed (oil on the thread, etc) ?

orange compound

hi
no prep needed really it is a locking compound which by being there also acts as a lubricant but is primarily a locking compound. if you are worried about the holes just give them a quick clean with some carb cleaner or the like.
neil

I did my 3RZ bolts up to 50Nm.... may not have been a good idea.
I think they are TTY, and i felt them start to stretch getting near 50Nm.

Makes me feel a little nervous about using them now :(
Might find some 12.9's like Ed used.