LS400 suspension

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ernie

Just wondering if anyone knows if the springs and shocks from another model Lexus (eg Is200) or a Toyota will fit to the LS.

I am building a project based on a 96 LS400 floorpan and need to drop the ride height a couple of inches but have two problems, first because of the difference in weight I cannot order lowered springs for an LS and bigger problem, even if I could the price of them reflects the LS status as a luxury model.
I am looking for a standard setup that will fit even with modified top mounts and then I can play with springs or even an aftermarket system, but listed for a different car.

Thanks for any ideas and if I come across anything myself I will post it up for general information.

Air suspension? Don't mind the work and as a truck mechanic I'm on familiar ground but even if I could source the parts I think a full custom made setup would be cheaper.

Bushwhacker, cut springs (done properly) are an option to get it on the road but I'm looking for something that leaves me with options for the future.
Also it's not coming down as far as you might think, main roads are fairly good around here but some of what I go up need a bit of clearance and middling soft springs.

Just wondering if anyone knows if the springs and shocks from another model Lexus (eg Is200) or a Toyota will fit to the LS.

I am building a project based on a 96 LS400 floorpan and need to drop the ride height a couple of inches but have two problems, first because of the difference in weight I cannot order lowered springs for an LS and bigger problem, even if I could the price of them reflects the LS status as a luxury model.
I am looking for a standard setup that will fit even with modified top mounts and then I can play with springs or even an aftermarket system, but listed for a different car.

Thanks for any ideas and if I come across anything myself I will post it up for general information.

$35USD for a coilover kit off ebay and 4 junkyard shocks for $65 and I replaced my air suspension with coilovers... We run VERY strong on this setup. Handles great.

Attachments

• CIMG1951.JPG
    CIMG1951.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 31
  • wise-choices-in-24-hours-of-lemons-steeds-big-fat-luxury-cars-photo-481847-s-1280x782.jpg
    wise-choices-in-24-hours-of-lemons-steeds-big-fat-luxury-cars-photo-481847-s-1280x782.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 30