Project Thread LS 400 Single Turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
...some Progress to report:
built 1UZ....AEM ready....ordered the newest AEM (2.0), guess we will be the first in Europe...:cool3:
Still some minor things to do, but will go into the LS pretty soon....

some progress:

t_aem2_212.jpg

t_been_bay_left_947.jpg

t_been_bay_right_132.jpg

and finally...fuel coolers:

t_startrek_enterprise_191.jpg

....been doing some initial testdriving, no boosting yet....just checking....everything performs excellent and cooling water temperatures stay below 80 degrees celcius (175 Fahrenheit) when cruising, so the 50% grouted block is nicely cooled....next stage is running in the engine (600-1000 miles) and doing some boosting :D....

LS400 has seen 10psi of boost with only 2/3 throttle...max 4100 rpm....the car already flies ! (125 mph is soooo easy...)
We expect the T88-34d (70mm turbo) to deliver 14psi by 3000 rpm....so this will give us a nice power range until 7000 rpm...
No water cooling issues even under 10psi of boost....:D

Hi,

Could you show some pictures of the exhaust system from manifolds to the turbo? Also water/oil in and water/oil out from the turbocharger?

Would be grateful.

Cheers!!

Eddie, as before, great project.

BTW, most of your pictures are no longer showing up. Maybe lost on the hack?

If you get a chance to re-post I am guessing many here would appreciate it.

Thanks,

John

...we had no room for the power steering in the engine bay....used a MR2 power steering pump and found a new location :D....

Attachments

• t_been_steeringpump_324.jpg
    t_been_steeringpump_324.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 153
  • t_been_steeringrack_116.jpg
    t_been_steeringrack_116.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 145
What's your dyno number? Will you have 1 stage or 2 stage boost? 10 psi should bring some impressive hp number to the wheels. I'm afraid you won't stay with 10 psi for long. :D

No numbers yet...still doing some initial driving, covered maybe 200 miles sofar...but at 2/3 throttle and seeing 10 psi at 3000 rpm with the T88, the car becomes VERY scary. The air suspension is not made for a boosted 1UZ....full throttle is just impossible, so now first coilovers are needed before even thinking about FULL boost :D...

No speedlimiter any more...goal is 200+mph...and with the Boostlogic Automatic and a 3.2 Torsen diff, this will be easy....
Will take some good pictures soon.....

200mph in a 1st gen LS? The factory 0.29 drag coefficient definitely helps..

-You are my official hero!

Attachments

• Lexuspulley1.JPG
    Lexuspulley1.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 91
  • Lexuspulley2.JPG
    Lexuspulley2.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Lexuspulley3.JPG
    Lexuspulley3.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 66
...it a 2nd gen (UCF20):...here it is with photoshopped wheels:

lexus-wheels-mod.jpg
That's happy and sad. Happy that you're modifying a UCF20 95-97 LS400, which I haven't seen much anyone else do. Sad that the stock rods failed at 7psi. Can I ask at what RPM the rod failed? My line of thinking is that I want to run a centrifugal supercharger at 6-7psi on my stock 96 LS400 motor. It won't produce full boost until redline, which by my way of thinking makes me think that 7psi boost at 6500rpm is less stressful to the thin rods than 7psi at, say, 3250rpm.